Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
Got myself a Zippo lighter and I can't help but notice the warning on the lighter fluid. "Swallowing it is harmful and potencially deadly". Thoughts?

Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
i wouldn't advise it. i tried looking around to see some of the effects but could only find cases on the gas form of butane, rather than liquid ingestion. not sure if there's a difference there, but the gas form in very high concentrations seems pretty lethal with you ending up having a seizure then ventricular fibrillation before death.

plenty of things have that warning, but don't have great odds of killing you and usually just cause you a ton of suffering. rule of thumb is, if you don't know how much you have to ingest, what effects you'll experience, the odds of a fatal outcome, aftermath of a failure, then i'd say no. there are much better methods out there with actual in-depth info and numerous success stories. some methods are tried and true for thousands of years like hanging, others are relatively new like SN. but they both have plenty of info to research and that's key in making a informed decision. CTB should never be done uninformed and on a whim, imo.

• Love
Reactions: Flirtingwithdemons and Bianka
banger12

banger12

Former nerd; current burden
Aug 1, 2024
There's a compilation of method related resources pinned on the homepage of the Suicide Discusion sub-category. I hope you check that out if you haven't already.

A good rule of thumb is that if it isn't listed there, you haven't heard of it/there's no success story with it, or the tools to do it are fairly straightforward to acquire, then there's a pretty good chance that it's a bad method. People post here sometimes if this or that household appliance, chemical etc would do the trick. Rarely is it the case. If any of this stuff worked there would be examples of people doing it and it'd have chatter here.

Hope that rule of thumb helps

• Love
Reactions: Bianka
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I don't think this is a good idea. I remember carrying a zippo around back in my marijuana smoking days. After I'd fill it with fluid and stick it in my pocket, I'd always get these huge red welts on my leg that were painful to a degree. I can only imagine it would do something similar to your insides and, if it didn't kill you, you'd be having to deal with that and whatever damage it did. You'd have better luck with Visine and no, I'm not recommending that, either.

• Love
Reactions: Bianka and Plato'sCaveDweller