GoneAndForgotten

GoneAndForgotten

Unsure about everything
Apr 2, 2021
I'm currently drinking 25g of table salt in 250ml of water, this is to practice drinking something so salty. I've read a lot about the succesful and unsuccesful attemps, and one thing they mention struggling with is how salty and horrible the taste was.

Reactions: StevieNixs
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Stop. Drinking salt could be deadly.

• Love
Reactions: Ame and GoneAndForgotten
GoneAndForgotten

GoneAndForgotten

Unsure about everything
Apr 2, 2021
Stop. Drinking salt could be deadly.
Yeah, I did a bit of research, for my body weight a fatal amount of salt is 26g, I used 25. So I've stopped drinking it, good thing is it wasn't undrinkable, just reminded me of swimming in the ocean. Gonna drink plenty of water now ^-^

• Hugs
Reactions: Amumu
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Yeah, I did a bit of research, for my body weight a fatal amount of salt is 26g, I used 25. So I've stopped drinking it, good thing is it wasn't undrinkable, just reminded me of swimming in the ocean. Gonna drink plenty of water now ^-^
That's completely wrong. the median lethal dose of table salt is roughly 3g per kg of body weight. 3g per kg of body weight.

So if someone weighs 80 kilograms then the LD50 would be 240 grams of salt which is a lot of salt. With SN 2.4 grams could be fatal so SN is 100 times more deadly than salt as one would intuitively assume.

26 grams of table salt is about 1.5 tablespoons of salt and is far from being deadly.

Also compare salt to Fentanyl where 2.4 milligrams is fatal , an amount so small that it is barely visible to the human eye.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ame and GoneAndForgotten
GoneAndForgotten

GoneAndForgotten

Unsure about everything
Apr 2, 2021
That's completely wrong. the median lethal dose of table salt is roughly 3g per kg of body weight. 3g per kg of body weight.

so if someone weighs 80 kilograms then the LD50 would be 240 grams of salt which is a lot of salt. with SN 2.4 grams could be fatal so SN is 100 times more deadly than salt as one would intuitively assume.

26 grams of table salt is about 1.5 tablespoons of salt and is far from being deadly.

Also compare salt to Fentanyl where 2.4 milligrams is fatal.
Ah that's a bit more understandable, I am very dumb and not great at maths so I just devided my weight by 3 to get 26

Carrotcake

Carrotcake

Experienced
Nov 27, 2019
Try sucking on a tablet of lithium. I'm pretty sure anything is peachy after that.