mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
  • Aww..
Reactions: _Minsk
Glaski

Glaski

Jan 3, 2020
Apparently people have been ingesting it in the US. Some of them have died and others have gone blind.

I wonder if drinking loads of it would cause a quick death? Wouldn't want to risk going blind instead though.
It's a problem with some containing methanol, the FDA has since released a list of those (they aren't supposed to have methanol) and pulled them from the stores.

Reactions: mediocre
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
could be worse. wasnt trump trying to make them all drink bleach or something stupid

Reactions: Meditation guide, autumnal, Throwawaysoul and 1 other person
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
That's probably painful tho

Reactions: Meditation guide and _Minsk
stationarymillennial

stationarymillennial

Aug 4, 2020
Oh lord. Unless I missed something, the article doesn't state if these were suicide attempts or not, but if they were, I think that's why support groups like these are necessary. people need access to harm reductive knowledge and tools to prevent stuff like this.

Reactions: Meditation guide, mediocre and InterstateFlowers
InterstateFlowers

InterstateFlowers

Experienced
Apr 16, 2020
When I hospitalized for a suicide attempt, the staff put it in my record to not let me use hand sanitizer in case I drank it lol I only found out when I was yelled at for using it and I cried.

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre and GoodPersonEffed
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
methonal aka wood alcohol is what causes the blindness.

Reactions: mediocre
StellaArtoix

StellaArtoix

Student
Jul 25, 2020
Yeh i saw reports about that in the Arizona Republic newspaper. They talked to the Arizona Posion & Drug Administration who said they when they have hand sanitizer ingestions, usually those people dont even end up in hospital let alone ICU or dead because hand sanitizer is normally primarily ethanol, however the latest reports where four people died & 26 were hospitilised, they had consumed hand sanitizer that was methanol based and thats why the effects were so lethal. I dont imagine it would be a very pleasant way to die.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and mediocre