Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
I've drunk loads of alcohol in the past and it usually doesn't trigger my instinct for vomiting until after the next day. In fact, half a bottle into hard liquor, it actually makes it easier for me to get stuff down the pipe since it desensitizes taste buds. I've seen other threads where people have suggested that alcohol is a bad idea with SN because it might trigger a vomiting instinct, but I was hoping to use it as a CNS depressant before I drink the SN. Of course, I'll be fasting and taking antiemetics as well. Getting benzos is kind of not a feasible option, and alcohol usually gives me a sense of euphoria/motivation after a certain point for reckless stuff and above all, I don't want my last moments to be sober. Liquid courage to forget a little bit of the everyday suffering before I go if you will.

So could I potentially do this given its diuretic nature and how it affects the digestive system or is it a strict no-no? Also, what about a last cigarette in your final moments?

dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
I wouldn't risk it. All the fasting makes no sense imo if you end up drinking alcohol. I remember a statement of one of SN survivors who said they regretted drinking too much WATER before taking SN and believed it made them vomit :(

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, voidstar and Lost in a Dream
D

Deleted member 65988

No. Why do people have to make a method complicated by doing something that's not recommended even though they believe it'll help, i get it in terms of trying to make it more peaceful but no, don't even do it.

Reactions: TimetoGo!, AllCatsAreGrey, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
L

LastBitOfJoy

Dec 18, 2023
It will decrease the chance of success as it's another toxic substance, I thought about it too but it's against the process of SN. SN is already enough toxic in itself, adding another one would mean risking it.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
No. Why do people have to make a method complicated by doing something that's not recommended even though they believe it'll help, i get it in terms of trying to make it more peaceful but no, don't even do it.
It's not just about making it peaceful tbh. I've drank so much over the past 2 years as a way to escape reality that my body is extremely accustomed to it. As if half a bottle in is my natural condition. I'm sober for like 3 days now and based off of past experience not drinking, my nausea and constant feeling of vomiting will likely last another week for sure and maybe almost a month before it's fully gone. Drinking plain water makes me want to throw up most days. But if I started drinking alcohol right now, the nausea will simply disappear as the alcohol slowly kicks in. I get that everyone's different physically, but I can't exactly do a trial SN run. So, I'm just trying to guess what gives "Me" in particular the best odds of success, although I guess that kind of defeats the point of asking that question here. Just wanted to know if anyone knew any anecdotes about combining the two.
It will decrease the chance of success as it's another toxic substance, I thought about it too but it's against the process of SN. SN is already enough toxic in itself, adding another one would mean risking it.
I thought the main cause of nausea was the taste based on some people's stories but is it just your body's SI kicking in?

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's not only the risk of vomiting. Drinks like fruit juice and coke aren't recommended because the acid in them can break the nitrite down into nitrate- which I guess is less effective. Maybe all alcohol isn't acidic but, some beverages are.

Really though- all of us are taking an experimental risk with SN- or any suicide method come to that. It's not like it's a regulated medication. We're doing our own haphazard tests to hope we have good enough purity. There are guides of course- presumably based on the highest success rates. We also read of failures here- mostly when people don't follow the protocol- including drinking alcohol.

Really though, none of us know how our bodies will react to it. Personally, I'd want to give it the best chance of working and for me- that would mean following the protocol as best I could. Really though- no one can tell you whether it would be ok for you to do it- no one knows!

• Love
Reactions: TimetoGo!, dggtscccvfd, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
This isn't encouraged because it increases risk of vomiting and failure. And I believe both SN and alcohol affect the same brain pathaway. I'm not familiar though, maybe it's fine. But I'd be wary if you aren't sure how alcohol and SN reacts. The bright side is that when you fast, you get drunk much quicker from much less, so your vomiting instinct is less likely to be triggered.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
D

Deleted member 65988

So, I'm just trying to guess what gives "Me" in particular the best odds of success, although I guess that kind of defeats the point of asking that question here.
What gives "you" in particular the best odds of success may be the one thing that'll cause failure. You know what, do you what you want, hope it works out because you want to use it so, it's your choice after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TimetoGo!