sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
What do you think dreams are?

Do you think they're about our lives in parallel universes? I also heard that sometimes dreams could be past life memories.

I think that I'm usually myself in my dreams, I don't think I'm someone else in them. Even if I was, it was probably only a few times and I don't remember. Sometimes my dreams feel so real and vivid that I think they must be about my life in another reality. I believe in the multiverse, and I think that there are parallel realities and other worlds out there…

I also heard that people could astral travel in their dreams. Does anyone have any experience with this, and any tips for doing so? I'd love to try it sometime.

I think dreams are a fascinating topic and a really interesting phenomenon. I wish there were more research done on them. Hopefully people gain more insight into them and their meaning.

I know there's a field of dream interpretation, and that dreams seem to be subjective (to the dreamer), but it would be cool to understand them more

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskyD'hiver, ClaudeCTTE and cgrtt.brns
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
What do you think dreams are?
Dreams are a challenging topic to explain. They make me doubt the existence of the universe.
I've heard many things about dreams.
According to some scientists, they are a mechanism of the brain to organize information. However, the context of dreams remains unclear to me.
I also don't understand why, in dreams, we rarely realize that we're dreaming. I've heard it's because a part of the brain is inactive when we're asleep, preventing us from being aware that we're dreaming.

But why are we sometimes aware that we're dreaming?

I've only had 2 dreams in my life where I was aware that I was dreaming, but I couldn't manipulate the dream.
Do you think they're about our lives in parallel universes? I also heard that sometimes dreams could be past life memories.
In my opinion, I don't believe dreams represent a parallel universe because sometimes they make no sense. If that were the case, why would parallel universes exist?
I would also rule out past lives.
In many dreams I've had, I've always seen the faces of people I know. If those dreams were from a past life, it wouldn't make sense because the people in the dream hadn't been born in that past life yet.

I only remember dreaming once as someone different, but I dreamt I was a character from a video game I used to play.
I've even had dreams where I appeared in video games I played, and these dreams occurred frequently.

Many years ago, I had a dream where I was killed in a bathroom.
I remember being shot in the chest and falling to the ground while everything faded away, despite feeling no pain. After that, I appeared in a huge dining room. I'm not sure if it was me or someone else in that dream.
I also heard that people could astral travel in their dreams. Does anyone have any experience with this, and any tips for doing so?
Years ago, I tried to have an out-of-body experience, but I always ended up falling asleep.
Having an out-of-body experience requires a lot of discipline, and I don't think it's something easy to achieve.
The most common advice I saw was to lie down in a bed without blankets or pillows, in a completely dark and quiet place.
You were supposed to breathe calmly and listen to what was around you, whether it was your breathing or some buzzing in your head.
They also said you should think of a specific place and relax your body. I don't remember much else, but it's best to consult YouTube or some website for more details.

I could never do it properly because I lived on a super noisy street with dogs barking non-stop, loud motorcycles, and drunk people playing music at full volume. (I wish I were deaf...)
I know there's a field of dream interpretation, and that dreams seem to be subjective (to the dreamer), but it would be cool to understand them more
Dream interpretation is something I don't fully understand.
When I was 13, I used to have ridiculous dreams, and I always looked up their meanings on the internet.
I remember dreaming about girls from my class, and I was all excited thinking these dreams had a meaning.
According to some websites, they said things like "that person is the right one for me" or "I'll be lucky in love," and other nonsense I don't want to remember.
Years later, I stopped taking dream interpretation seriously because nothing they said on those websites ever came true.

What still intrigues me to this day is why there are precognitive dreams.
I've had very few precognitive dreams.
The first dream I remember was seeing my mother cooking something, and what was funny was that hours after I woke up, I saw her cooking the same thing I saw in the dream.

The second dream was more interesting; it happened exactly a year ago, in these September days. I dreamt that I was in my house and had woken up, but suddenly there was a strong earthquake, and I quickly left my house, although my family didn't appear in the dream.
Days after that dream, there was an earthquake just as strong as in the dream, but it was during the daytime...

The human brain is incredibly complex.
For me, the sciences that study the brain and human thinking are the most challenging to understand, but they are also the most fascinating.
I believe society should give more importance to this science than to TikTok and Twitter...

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskyD'hiver and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Dreams are a challenging topic to explain. They make me doubt the existence of the universe.
I've heard many things about dreams.
According to some scientists, they are a mechanism of the brain to organize information. However, the context of dreams remains unclear to me.
I also don't understand why, in dreams, we rarely realize that we're dreaming. I've heard it's because a part of the brain is inactive when we're asleep, preventing us from being aware that we're dreaming.

But why are we sometimes aware that we're dreaming?

I've only had 2 dreams in my life where I was aware that I was dreaming, but I couldn't manipulate the dream.

In my opinion, I don't believe dreams represent a parallel universe because sometimes they make no sense. If that were the case, why would parallel universes exist?
I would also rule out past lives.
In many dreams I've had, I've always seen the faces of people I know. If those dreams were from a past life, it wouldn't make sense because the people in the dream hadn't been born in that past life yet.

I only remember dreaming once as someone different, but I dreamt I was a character from a video game I used to play.
I've even had dreams where I appeared in video games I played, and these dreams occurred frequently.

Many years ago, I had a dream where I was killed in a bathroom.
I remember being shot in the chest and falling to the ground while everything faded away, despite feeling no pain. After that, I appeared in a huge dining room. I'm not sure if it was me or someone else in that dream.

Years ago, I tried to have an out-of-body experience, but I always ended up falling asleep.
Having an out-of-body experience requires a lot of discipline, and I don't think it's something easy to achieve.
The most common advice I saw was to lie down in a bed without blankets or pillows, in a completely dark and quiet place.
You were supposed to breathe calmly and listen to what was around you, whether it was your breathing or some buzzing in your head.
They also said you should think of a specific place and relax your body. I don't remember much else, but it's best to consult YouTube or some website for more details.

I could never do it properly because I lived on a super noisy street with dogs barking non-stop, loud motorcycles, and drunk people playing music at full volume. (I wish I were deaf...)

Dream interpretation is something I don't fully understand.
When I was 13, I used to have ridiculous dreams, and I always looked up their meanings on the internet.
I remember dreaming about girls from my class, and I was all excited thinking these dreams had a meaning.
According to some websites, they said things like "that person is the right one for me" or "I'll be lucky in love," and other nonsense I don't want to remember.
Years later, I stopped taking dream interpretation seriously because nothing they said on those websites ever came true.

What still intrigues me to this day is why there are precognitive dreams.
I've had very few precognitive dreams.
The first dream I remember was seeing my mother cooking something, and what was funny was that hours after I woke up, I saw her cooking the same thing I saw in the dream.

The second dream was more interesting; it happened exactly a year ago, in these September days. I dreamt that I was in my house and had woken up, but suddenly there was a strong earthquake, and I quickly left my house, although my family didn't appear in the dream.
Days after that dream, there was an earthquake just as strong as in the dream, but it was during the daytime...

The human brain is incredibly complex.
For me, the sciences that study the brain and human thinking are the most challenging to understand, but they are also the most fascinating.
I believe society should give more importance to this science than to TikTok and Twitter...
Yeah, I heard that dreams are a way to make sense of and process information from our waking world.

I heard that some people can lucid dream (be aware that they're dreaming) and can control what happens in their dream, but so far I haven't been able to yet. It is possible though…

Yeah, sometimes I also dream about people from my waking life. Maybe the dream could be happening in a parallel reality which involves them? Like the event in the dream could be taking place in a parallel world…but yeah sometimes my dreams make absolutely no sense and are so weird

Same, I've also had a few precognitive dreams as well. I've dreamt about places which I've never seen or been to before but ended up seeing later on, and of things which ended up happening in real life. Some people say that dreams predict the future. Maybe we're both psychic or something 😂

Also, do you believe in past lives and reincarnation? Sometimes I have déjà vu and wonder if I've lived this life or another life before…

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: HuskyD'hiver and ClaudeCTTE
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
Also, do you believe in past lives and reincarnation? Sometimes I have déjà vu and wonder if I've lived this life or another life before…
I've had déjà vu several times. It's a strange phenomenon, but I don't believe it has anything to do with a past life. I say this because I've had déjà vu when I was at home, and I don't think my past life would have been there.
As for other places where I've experienced déjà vu, I honestly don't know if it's because I passed through such a place when I was a child.

Speaking of past lives, I wouldn't really know whether to believe it.
I remember that in my family, I never had the opportunity to meet my maternal grandmother.
She passed away a year before I was born, in the same month, precisely. But my mother and even my aunt have told me that I resembled her.

I resembled her in several ways. When I was a child, I had a face similar to my grandmother's when she was a child, even though I was a boy.
Besides that, we both have a mole in the same part of the body, we have the same nail shape, we're both slim, and what struck me the most was that we both cried in the same way.

Although I don't want to think that I am the reincarnation of my grandmother...
It sounds curious to think about it, but if we consider reincarnation in general, I would doubt a lot about how it works.

I don't know if reincarnation is something selective, depending on how we've been in our past lives. But if that were the case, I wouldn't understand its purpose for several reasons.
  • Did people who currently suffer commit atrocities in their past lives?
  • Did people who have a good life in their past lives earn it?
  • Would billionaires continue to reincarnate as billionaires?
  • Do we only reincarnate as humans, or can we reincarnate as animals?
Even from here, there are other issues.
  • Can we reincarnate as microscopic organisms?
  • Can we reincarnate on a different planet with a civilization?
  • If, for a moment, no living being gives birth to a new being but a human dies, what would that human reincarnate as? Would they reincarnate when there's a new being after their death?
  • Before living beings existed, what were we? Or what will we become once all living beings go extinct?
In the end, these are just several questions for which I wouldn't believe in reincarnation. Nevertheless, that doesn't take away the fascinating nature of the topic, as it could also provide a bit of sense to reincarnation by thinking that the universe is simply an endless spiral, where everything is in constant transformation.

Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
I love the thought of our dreams being in a Parallel universe. I always dream about my best friend who died two years ago. That would mean she's alive and well living her life and were up to the same old mischief :D