• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Dear All,

Although I personally didn't have much luck successfully blocking my carotids with the night-night method, the closest I came to success was improvising and using a draught excluder (aka door snake) to mimic the positioning and pressure of an opponent's arm during a choke hold. You can buy them in hardware/homeware stores, or make your own.

Draught excluder

If you fold it at a 90 degree angle, then the centre point where the fold is will typically empty of filling as it is pushed out of this space and towards each end. Or you can squeeze by hand to empty this area. Then when you place it in position on your neck, this empty area is over the trachea and avoids placing pressure on it, while the two remaining filled portions seem to put good pressure on the relevant arteries, at least in my case.

Choke hold

You can then reach your left arm behind your head and grasp the right end of the excluder, and your right arm behind your head and grasp the left end. Pulling these ends more tightly so that they cross each other (as if you wanted to knot them together) may then apply the strength and positioning of force that the night-night method requires. In my case, I was most successful with crossing then pulling these ends upwards (to the ceiling) as much as or more so than merely backwards (towards the spine).

Remaining to be worked out is how to maintain this constant level of pressure after unconsciousness, especially because something like a ratchet mechanism presumably wouldn't work due to the nature of it. Possibly attaching the crossed-over ends of the draught excluder to something and then combining with partial suspension may be a possibility.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts on this idea.

Autumnal

• Love
Reactions: SpinningSong and ghostspace