B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
Does anyone else feel like they are living a double life while on here but trying to act normal in real life

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Isadeth, NekoNomNom, Lastsauce and 6 others
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
i can't even act normal in real life

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NekoNomNom, Notwinnernotawin, Saed and 4 others
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Yes. Yes i do. I like this life here more, even if its just alot of words

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lastsauce, TowerUpright, Deleted member 17331 and 1 other person
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
Yes. Yes i do. I like this life here more, even if its just alot of words
Me too, I always find myself thinking about this site when I'm not on it. Hell im on it right now and my husband has a friend over
i can't even act normal in real life
I have had my years where I couldn't be normal. I'll never be normal. It's hard to blend in when I have scars all over and get asked about them constantly

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331
S

SSlostallhope

Student
May 23, 2020
Can't act normal. I'm very socially awkward

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Baguette, BrokenBeing and 1 other person
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
I am in an odd situation. I can be completely honest about myself, my thoughts and my opinions but people around me assume I am joking, being sarcastic or mean something else by what I said. It is like a dark comedy. So in an oddball way, I live a double life without trying to.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Brokenwithbpd and Deleted member 17331
MorticiasHair

MorticiasHair

Jul 1, 2020
no. i've always been unconventional.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brokenwithbpd and Deleted member 17331
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I try to, not because I like to, but because I have to out of necessity and to protect myself from being locked up or intervened against. There are even times where sometimes my behavior reeks of depression and suicidality as much as I try to hide it. I'm still doing my best to keep things quiet and under the covers IRL because I cannot risk anything to ruin my CTB plans.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: x-Ace-x, Lastsauce, Brokenwithbpd and 1 other person
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
I am in an odd situation. I can be completely honest about myself, my thoughts and my opinions but people around me assume I am joking, being sarcastic or mean something else by what I said. It is like a dark comedy. So in an oddball way, I live a double life without trying to.
I get that. People always say how "bubbly" I am then I wear short sleeves and they always ask about my scars
I try to, not because I like to, but because I have to out of necessity and to protect myself from being locked up or intervened against. There are even times where sometimes my behavior reeks of depression and suicidality as much as I try to hide it. I'm still doing my best to keep things quiet and under the covers IRL because I cannot risk anything to ruin my CTB plans.
I'm in a similar boat. Few weeks ago I was forced to go to emergency room but of course I knew all the right answers to say

Last edited:
Reactions: TowerUpright
Mr.Mediocre

Mr.Mediocre

Jun 25, 2020
On the surface it appears to people (my family) as if I am extremely apathetic, staring into the distance with a totally blank, emotionless face. But underneath the amount of emotions I feel is like dynamite just waiting to explode, the entire day they build until I lay on my bed at night, where I become overwhelmed with pretty much every negative emotion there is.

• Aww..
Reactions: Brokenwithbpd
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I dont think I try to act normal. I am so desensitized that I openly look up ways to commit suicide on my daily commutes and walks. A person could be staring at my phone and I wouldn't give a fuck

• Love
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
On the surface it appears to people (my family) as if I am extremely apathetic, staring into the distance with a totally blank, emotionless face. But underneath the amount of emotions I feel is like dynamite just waiting to explode, the entire day they build until I lay on my bed at night, where I become overwhelmed with pretty much every negative emotion there is.
I space out and dissociate often

TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
I hold it together IRL mostly well. I'm usually just written off as being a bit odd. But here, I can actually be myself, confide in others, and feel like I don't have to pretend.

• Love
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
I hold it together IRL mostly well. I'm usually just written off as being a bit odd. But here, I can actually be myself, confide in others, and feel like I don't have to pretend.
Yes I agree. This place feels like home

• Love
Reactions: TowerUpright
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
SS is SecondLife.

• Love
Reactions: Brokenwithbpd and Lastsauce
the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
Yeah. When I'm out with friends or at work I'm generally different.

A friend of mine asked me what my home life is like and I bluntly replied "I go home and stare at the wall."

• Aww..
Helpneedtips

Helpneedtips

Jun 5, 2020
Yes, in fact, even my family and friends do not know of my mental health struggles and that I am suicidal. It's a combination of me being a very private person who doesn't share her emotions much, and a bit of pride I guess because my parents see me as the "child who has her shit together" . My mother once told me that she never worried about me because I can take "take care of myself". I suppose it's meant to be a compliment, but I do admit being hurt from said admission.

When I ctb, my family and friends will probably say, "Oh, we had no idea...", "It came as a shock..." i suppose I partly have myself to blame.

• Aww..
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I wear many masks. Normal, father, son, ex-husband, failure, suicidal, etc.

• Love
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
Yeah, I think it's normal to have some faces depending on people you face. Sadly, most of us can't put our suicidal faces because people tend to react negatively.

• Hugs
Reactions: x-Ace-x and Brokenwithbpd
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
Yes, in fact, even my family and friends do not know of my mental health struggles and that I am suicidal. It's a combination of me being a very private person who doesn't share her emotions much, and a bit of pride I guess because my parents see me as the "child who has her shit together" . My mother once told me that she never worried about me because I can take "take care of myself". I suppose it's meant to be a compliment, but I do admit being hurt from said admission.

When I ctb, my family and friends will probably say, "Oh, we had no idea...", "It came as a shock..." i suppose I partly have myself to blame.
I'm sorry you feel like you can't reach for help. We're here xoxo
I wear many masks. Normal, father, son, ex-husband, failure, suicidal, etc.
Well put friend

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I feel like I'm a bunch of different people trying to control one brain tbh

Reactions: x-Ace-x, Isadeth and Brokenwithbpd
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
Absolutely. There's a multitude of different types of myself. Friend, wife, mother, daughter, neighbor, professional. The list goes on. Very few people actually know the real me. Sometimes I question if I even know the real me anymore. I'm not sure if it would be considered a maladaptive coping mechanism or not, but it gets me by most days. ♡

• Love