P

pebblesinapond

Jun 22, 2020
Hi guys. I wanted to ask about using Dosulepine (aka Dothiepin or Prothiaden) to overdose on. I've read on the forums that using prescription medication is never reliable and here in the UK Dosulepine is rarely prescribed because its therapeutic dose is so close to its fatal dose. In fact I believe in the US its actually banned. I've been prescribed it for a couple of years and have quite a few tablets knocking around so I've got more than enough I can take. I just wondered if its likely to be a painful death. As much as I want to end this life I don't particularly want to be writhing around in agony. Does anyone have any insight into using this particular medication? Thanks

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Have you googled overdose symptoms and also reports of fatal overdoses? Also, on the pinned Resources Compilation, at the bottom there's a link for checking drug information, which will include symptoms.

A site search for the different names of the med had these results:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/search/328715/?q=Dothiepin&o=date

P

pebblesinapond

Jun 22, 2020
Have you googled overdose symptoms and also reports of fatal overdoses? Also, on the pinned Resources Compilation, at the bottom there's a link for checking drug information, which will include symptoms.

A site search for the different names of the med had these results:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/search/328715/?q=Dothiepin&o=date
Hi. Yes I've done a lot of Googling but haven't been able to find anything that says exactly what the lethal dose is or what effect an overdose will have :notsure:

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Dosulepine is a tricyclic antidepressant, an older style of antidepressant which is one of the few psychiatric medications you could conceivably fatally overdose on. And yes, as you mention it is restricted or banned in places due to its potential for suicide use.

Wikipedia lists the typical tricyclic overdose doses and symptoms. This journal article presents a more detailed perspective.