TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
The statements "I don't want to get better" versus "I can't get better", "I won't get over it" versus "I can't get over it", or just variations of these statements.

It seems like when someone says the former as in "don't" people automatically jump to assume stubbornness, laziness, entitlement, and what have you, but when someone says the latter, which is "cannot/can't" then people have this sort of sympathetic, maybe empathetic approach thinking that someone wants to overcome but lack the ability/capacity to do so. Whereas the word "don't" implies that they have ability/capacity to do so but refuse to.

It's so infuriating and fucking stupid that people misinterpret this rather than accept that sometimes it can be both, people who lack the ability to overcome and also do not wish to overcome. Hell, if we are a pro-choice society, then it should be that even if they possess the capability to overcome but for some reason (personal or what not) decide not to overcome, then society should just respect that and let them to do what they are going to do, including ctb'ing.

Reactions: akana, Circles, Buddyluv19 and 3 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
As a result of how people responded to me based on these statements, I've more or less stopped opening up to people, even the people who are close to me. I stopped trying to reason or argue with people IRL that I've just resigned to letting them believe whatever the hell makes them happy. If they want to be delusional, fine by me. I've just made up my mind and I'm giving life one more chance next month, but failing that, I'm dead before end of May.

I don't know if anyone has experienced the same things or similar sentiments, but I have, thus I decide to vent my frustrations on this.

Reactions: akana, Circles, Redt2go and 2 others