Child of Thanatos

Child of Thanatos

Places We Never Went Together
Aug 12, 2024
"I think the hesitation to ride the train is partly is because of the baggage I must take with me; afraid it's not worth the trip and that it's not worth the accumulation of more but I can assure myself, as the clock hand moves and the silence begins to scream I'll be left with more baggage than I can carry and while I have the choice to leave this station. To leave this existence entirely all I will have done is destroy a potentially better future and solidify a pointless existence for myself."

"I can tell you that even in my darkest moments I knew it was all going to be okay because every day, behind masks of normalcy, people are fighting demons they may not talk about it they may never hint at it but every soul I've ever met had stories to tell stories of shattering pain and horrible mistakes yet here they are before me living fighting and trying their best that is the human spirit and that is what makes us so special."

"And a million things could have been your parents undoing, and their parents undoing and so on. And yet they had you, and here you, are an impossibility, an enigma. a miracle; you cannot convince me you don't matter. We are all on the edge of something wonderful, we just don't see it yet. So don't wish for an easier life strive for the strength to endure it."

• Love
Reactions: anorang and itswhatits
itswhatits

itswhatits

it won't give up, it wants me dead
Sep 12, 2024
I like this a lot. Second paragraph, especially, reminds me of this Ludicity quote:

Here's the thing about a million people — they have one million problems. One million people sums to approximately a million instances of chemotherapy, divorces, bullying, funerals, layoffs, depression, anxiety, gender dysphoria, trauma, and PowerPoints that are due by Thursday. Someone who reads this blog doesn't know if they're going to live long enough to finish A Song of Ice and Fire. Someone who reads this blog thinks they will, but they will not. No one gets through life unscathed. Them's the breaks.

• Yay!
Reactions: Child of Thanatos