• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

BoneWeary57

Jun 5, 2024
Late yesterday I was leaving a store looking at the receipt as I walked out. A man was passing me going inside and said " you better turn that frown upside down! Life's too short to be unhappy!" At first I didn't realize he was talking to me as I was literally just walking to my car looking at the receipt as I said. Evidently I looked as unhappy just walking around in life as I am on the inside and he noticed. I thought about what he said on my drive home and though I know he was trying to be kid/helpful or whatever unsolicited adivce like his or the "don't worry, be happy" mantra or "just think positive" does.not.help. All it does, for me anyway, is highlight the failure in my life of not being happy, positive or being able to just "look on the bright side" no matter what. Counting your blessings is great - but its not a cure all or even close for many of us. Do people who are happy, positive, etc not realize that 99% of us who aren't WOULD chose happiness IF it were possible? Yes, I get mind over matter, etc but I also know there are biological and genetic components at play and for some of us those are much stronger than our ability to think away the blues or negative thoughts.

I'm starting yet another job this morning. I DREAD it. I do.not. want to go. The interaction w/the man yesterday only made me feel worse though I truly don't think that was his intent at all. But I am late on my morgage but 2 months and have $75 in my bank. I can't even afford to ctb now..so it's off to work I go. Miserable and trapped. Another day in Hell.

• Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: AppleTreeDog, thebelljarrr, Kalista and 3 others
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
people are so ignorant. also weird to say that to a stranger minding their own business but idk maybe i'm just antisocial.

i would have doubled down and lied and said "my husband was found murdered this morning but thanks" and then sneered

if it were as simple as choosing to be happy then we would all choose to be happy, lol.

Reactions: Hollowman, thebelljarrr, BoneWeary57 and 1 other person
W

waitingforme

Mar 25, 2024
I personally hate - time heals everything. FU it doesn't. Neither does therapy.
There is only so much a person can take before you just don't even see the pain you will cause others. I'm tired. Tired of holding in the tears, sucking those $#^$#^#$ back and letting them out when it's just me. Don't want to make others feel bad. FU but i will continue to try not cause other people distress, because that's just who the f i am. They can stuff their frowns upside down and go try live in the footsteps of others.

Reactions: Hollowman, thebelljarrr, BoneWeary57 and 1 other person
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
Those affirmations are funny. If it worked, I would have done it already.

• Love
Reactions: BoneWeary57 and Kalista
-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

Jun 16, 2024
A bit unrelated, but "no one will love you if you can't love yourself" is another one that really rubs me the wrong way. What do they think my response will be? "Well, guess I should love myself then". Nope. It's "guess I'll die"

Reactions: danter0id and BoneWeary57
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
They are just empty words that dismiss and invalidate suffering, I find it insensitive when people say things like that especially as the pain of existing is very real.

Reactions: thebelljarrr
AppleTreeDog

AppleTreeDog

Nov 20, 2021
Telling other people to smile is so gross. It's basically saying you view other people as visual props in your world and the malfunctioning ones are ruining your aesthetic

Reactions: popcornheart