snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
Is this anyone else's reason to ctb? I've always wanted to be a kid forever. I feared growing up so much. I often thought of wanting to die when I was 20, but I'm still here at 25. I've always hated the idea of growing up, all that childlike wonder and innocence just gets destroyed and most people end up a husk of their formal selves. Most people I see working or living lives as adults just look like they've had all the joy drained from them, just trudging along because they have to. Everyone becomes all cynical and I hate hearing "aren't you too old to be doing that?" so much. I dont think I've ever grown up and I dont think i ever will. I just want to be a kid forever.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: flowers in the mist, Sannti, M.O.N and 6 others
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
Is this anyone else's reason to ctb? I've always wanted to be a kid forever. I feared growing up so much. I often thought of wanting to die when I was 20, but I'm still here on this rock at 25. I've always hated the idea of growing up, all that childlike wonder and innocence just gets destroyed and most people end up a husk of their formal selves. Most people I see working or living lives as adults just look like they've had all the joy drained from them, just trudging along because they have to. Everyone becomes all cynical and I hate hearing "aren't you too old to be doing that?" so much. I dont think I've ever grown up and I dont think i ever will. I just want to be a kid forever.
I feel you. 36 now...

• Hugs
Reactions: snowlance
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
Don't want to grow up, and don't want to be old either. The road towards adulthood is a downward hill and it becomes an even steeper downward hill when your body starts to age. It's very possible that I'll ctb before such thing even have a chance to happen.

Reactions: conarc
snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
Don't want to grow up, and don't want to be old either. The road towards adulthood is a downward hill and it becomes an even steeper downward hill when your body starts to age. It's very possible that I'll ctb before such thing even have a chance to happen.
Same here. Unless I have someone in my life that wants me to stay, ill most likely ctb before 30 or 40

C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
Same here. Unless I have someone in my life that wants me to stay, ill most likely ctb before 30 or 40
I am wondering that people have the will after ~40 to continue. Everything goes downhill after that, if not already before.

D

dead_milky

Sep 9, 2023
yes. I hate when people say I'm too old for stuff. I'm an age regressor, too, so it especially hurts. Because sometimes I buy stiff to use when I regress and people laugh. They don't understand that there are moments when I'm tiny and can't speak and such.

snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
I am wondering that people have the will after ~40 to continue. Everything goes downhill after that, if not already before.
I dont know, maybe some people are okay with getting older, or they aren't but they find a way to live with it or something like that?

C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
I dont know, maybe some people are okay with getting older, or they aren't but they find a way to live with it or something like that?
Probably a lot of distraction, alcohol, nicotine and so on...

snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
yes. I hate when people say I'm too old for stuff. I'm an age regressor, too, so it especially hurts. Because sometimes I buy stiff to use when I regress and people laugh. They don't understand that there are moments when I'm tiny and can't speak and such.
I hate that, i used to be into mlp as a teen and got stares and weird looks when looking at the girly stuff. Just let people like what they want ffs. Even now I get stares and weird looks when I buy makeup, nail polish and girl clothes and It gives me anxiety like crazy everytime.

• Love
Reactions: dead_milky
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I feel the same, the idea of being old and old is very hard for me, I'm 25 and my life is so empty and boring

• Love
D

dead_milky

Sep 9, 2023
I hate that, i used to be into mlp as a teen and got stares and weird looks when looking at the girly stuff. Just let people like what they want ffs. Even now I get stares and weird looks when I buy makeup, nail polish and girl clothes and It gives me anxiety like crazy everytime.
ah, I also used to love mlp as a 12-14 year old and got made fun of. Well, for different reasons than you, but I also get a lot of weird looks and stuff when I go out. I try not to care what others think, but let's be real. It's not fully possible to ignore, no matter how hard you try. I'm sorry you feel this way too. When the chat option is back, I can PM you, if you need some company ^^

• Love
snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
ah, I also used to love mlp as a 12-14 year old and got made fun of. Well, for different reasons than you, but I also get a lot of weird looks and stuff when I go out. I try not to care what others think, but let's be real. It's not fully possible to ignore, no matter how hard you try. I'm sorry you feel this way too. When the chat option is back, I can PM you, if you need some company ^^
Yeah, I'm the same way, deep down I don't really care but it still affects me somehow. Now I just buy everything online so it's been better.
I'd love if you pm me, feel free to <3

• Love
Y

yasha

Aug 30, 2023
as a child I dreamed of becoming an adult so I could be independent and go out wherever and whenever I wanted..... silly wish, carefree school days were the best time. you just have to go to school and clean your room. maybe I am infantile, but the period when I was 12, coming from school and watching cartoons was the best time.

• Love
D

dead_milky

Sep 9, 2023
Yeah, I'm the same way, deep down I don't really care but it still affects me somehow. Now I just buy everything online so it's been better.
I'd love if you pm me, feel free to <3
oh yeah, online shopping sounds good for that. I'm glad you managed to do that! And yeah, I'll message you once it's possible haha
as a child I dreamed of becoming an adult so I could be independent and go out wherever and whenever I wanted..... silly wish, carefree school days were the best time. you just have to go to school and clean your room. maybe I am infantile, but the period when I was 12, coming from school and watching cartoons was the best time.
all kids want to grow up because they don't know better. Around age 10 I've realised I don't want to age anymore.

• Love
ddn.ctb

ddn.ctb

Waiting to step off in front of an audience
Sep 9, 2023
The issue with CTB is it's a now issue. You can't predict if someone wonderful will come into your life in 10 years time

For me all I know getting old is inevitable and I don't want to find out how bad it can be. I'd rather CTB when things are stilll good in someway than to loose my faculties and can't function enough to CTB.

• Love
Reactions: snowlance and conarc
snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
A lot of people wish they could relive their childhood days so you're not alone there. Adulthood is a bitch. It just gets worse as you age.
The issue with CTB is it's a now issue. You can't predict if someone wonderful will come into your life in 10 years time

For me all I know getting old is inevitable and I don't want to find out how bad it can be. I'd rather CTB when things are stilll good in someway than to loose my faculties and can't function enough to CTB.
This is why I plan to at around 30-40 because that's when most people start getting noticeable physical changes and stuff.

• Love
Reactions: conarc
not_telling

not_telling

Scared
Sep 9, 2023
Sorry you have to go through that at all, OP. I understand what you're saying, despite not really feeling the same I guess. I've always wanted to be able to grow up so that I could lead a life that is "all mine", if that makes sense. The thought that I wouldn't be able to pull it off is definitely one of the reasons I don't want to see that time coming. The contrary sounds just as terrifying too, like what you said. Grasping onto something despite knowing that you can't hold it forever in this society seems like an horror movie setup. Hope you can find your way to whatever feels best.

• Love
P

PracheenKaal_00!

Student
Aug 22, 2023
Is this anyone else's reason to ctb? I've always wanted to be a kid forever. I feared growing up so much. I often thought of wanting to die when I was 20, but I'm still here at 25. I've always hated the idea of growing up, all that childlike wonder and innocence just gets destroyed and most people end up a husk of their formal selves. Most people I see working or living lives as adults just look like they've had all the joy drained from them, just trudging along because they have to. Everyone becomes all cynical and I hate hearing "aren't you too old to be doing that?" so much. I dont think I've ever grown up and I dont think i ever will. I just want to be a kid forever.
Not exactly, but I get ya.
My future is not really looking good due to a multitude of events, and my worsening mental condition.
I'm pretty sure that I would mess up adulthood big time.
This is a partial reason for my CTB decision.

Sad, but it's true that a considerable amount of us would end up as a husk of our former selves.
Adulthood is cruel and a hard hitting reality.
Also, as we get older, our bodies would start failing us.
OP,I hope that you are able to find the peace that you need.

• Love