J

J22198

Feb 23, 2020
Does any one here want to CTB?, because you don't want to grow old. What I mean is, you don't want to grow old because you might end up alone, I don't want to see my dad,siblings, partner die first. I already lost my mom 6 years ago and it still hurts me, still can't move on. Everything change since then... and I hate it.

been a silent reader here since January. Hesitant to post something because English is not my first language. Hope you understand what I mean.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, akrasia, not-2-b-the-answer and 9 others
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
It's not my main reason but it's part of my reflection. I don't want to experoence the physical and intellectual collapse of myself.

Reactions: Green Destiny, not-2-b-the-answer, FreedomInDeath and 3 others
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
I understand what you're getting at. How old is old though? My mum is 72 fit as a fiddle active social life has frequent holidays has a boyfriend. But I watched my uncle deteriorate in his early 70s, going from being independent to dependent in a nursing home, people dying around him till it was his turn. Doubt i'll live till i'm old but if i do i'll base off'ing myself on when my health starts seriously failing rather than my age.

• Aww..
Reactions: Green Destiny, not-2-b-the-answer and Sensei
PrettyMoose

PrettyMoose

Eat my arse, Pain&Sh*tness & Mindf*ckitation Grift
Mar 1, 2020
That is one of my reasons for wanting to check out of life. Illnesses that inevitably come in old age are very scary to me, even more scary than suicide.

Reactions: Shinbu, not-2-b-the-answer and Mizzmini45
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I've never seen myself growing old, its strange, Old age doesn't scare me, society with people in the older age bracket does though

Reactions: AcornUnderground, Mizzmini45 and Sensei
Manicpixiedreamlast

Manicpixiedreamlast

Mar 10, 2020
I feel the same. I enjoy the the innocence that comes with youngness. I often reflect on His Dark Materials and how the main protagonist mission is stop people from suffering because of Eves actions to eat the apple.

highlyvolatile

highlyvolatile

I don't know anymore.
Feb 14, 2020
Its a part of the reason why, yes. Both sets of my grandparents are still alive but one set requires more care than the other and I dont want to rely on family to care for me if i got that age. The other set of grandparents is "ok" but very judgemental and i dont like being around them.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Mizzmini45
Lutembëe

Lutembëe

Student
Feb 19, 2020
I'm the same as you. I'm very afraid of getting older and having more and more responsibility. Plus I have a generalized anxiety disorder and it's making things worse. I don't want to see my parents die, and see myself getting worse and worse over the years. I'd rather leave sooner rather than later. Hopefully in a few months.

Reactions: akrasia, not-2-b-the-answer, highlyvolatile and 1 other person
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
There's beauty in old age.

There's beauty in grey hair, and deep wrinkles and the quiet, soft pace of a long life that has stopped being in a hurry.

• Love
Reactions: BumperCrop, AcornUnderground, Sensei and 1 other person
Clut

Clut

Feb 28, 2020
I definitely don't want to grow so old that I can't function but it's not my reason for ctb as I could have quite a few years before I get there. But I understand what you're saying, the awful side effects of old age are too much to bear and I'd definitely like to die before I reach that stage

Reactions: highlyvolatile and Mizzmini45
MartyByrde

MartyByrde

Experienced
Mar 15, 2020
Makes sense to me. Midlife sucks. I can't imagine how being elderly must feel.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, highlyvolatile and Mizzmini45
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
Yes.

If I was in my early twenties I'd probably stick around even in the current state I'm in.

I'm 29 and turning 30 this year though, I don't want to be alive and 30.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist, not-2-b-the-answer and highlyvolatile
M

Mizzmini45

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2019
That is one of my reasons for wanting to check out of life. Illnesses that inevitably come in old age are very scary to me, even more scary than suicide.
I agree. I seen it to. Some people die "naturally " worse if they just ended it earlier

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and PrettyMoose
S

s1mplem3

Arcanist
Mar 4, 2020
I'm already alone and I don't want to end up in nursing home, I don't have anyone to take care when I get old.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, highlyvolatile, AcornUnderground and 1 other person
A

AcornUnderground

Mage
Feb 28, 2020
I had no idea how hellish some physical illnesses could be until I got a bad one. Hell. On. Earth. I had no clue.

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
:hug:
Does any one here want to CTB?, because you don't want to grow old. What I mean is, you don't want to grow old because you might end up alone, I don't want to see my dad,siblings, partner die first. I already lost my mom 6 years ago and it still hurts me, still can't move on. Everything change since then... and I hate it.

been a silent reader here since January. Hesitant to post something because English is not my first language. Hope you understand what I mean.

Sorry for your loss. :hug: I don't want to grow old either. Not the main reason (Because I'm poor and always will be with no way to change it)
I see old people out in public or the dr.s office struggleing to move … I don't want to be like that. :aw:

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I don't like the idea of getting old, weak, frail and possibly going senile and losing my mind. Rather die by my own hand when i'm still able to.

• Love
Reactions: Mizzmini45 and not-2-b-the-answer
L

Lastyp

Mar 18, 2020
I feel the same way, for many years ,I always used to think of killing myself if I suffer from physical illness

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
N

NeverGrowUp

Oct 2, 2020
Seeing as I'm in the "prime of my life" and that I have been generally miserable for all of the time... it's only downhill from here. So yea I absolutely do not want to have to deal with my physical self breaking down over time as well. I have a very Peter Pan mentality, I remember not wanting to grow up so badly when I was only 14 or so. Only thing worse than extreme mental suffering is when you combine it with physical suffering. I also don't want to outlive family and have to witness them leave.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Lupgevif and Sprite_Geist