Cherry Crumpet

Cherry Crumpet

Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
The person who did is now suspended. I'm still pissed off over it though. This place was my safe haven, where I felt comforted, welcomed, met with compassion and understanding. After this happened I lost that sense of this place feeling like my 'security blanket' or my safe space.

I made a post about how I might lose my job, and how devastated that would leave me. At the time I made that post, it really did feel like if I lost my job, I don't know what other option I would have.. living under a bridge .. what about my mom? (who I am also supporting!)

Most ppl were very understanding, and left comforting words, or just a kind reaction. One person though... To sum it up here's their own words:
I never bothered to read your post.

Too long.

To CTB over a job?

Don't make me laugh.

Many of us (myself included) have endured unmentionable psychological and physical pain.

If you're going to do it, don't base it on a poxy job.

What makes me upset is i wasn't able to directly confront them. They got banned within the 5-7ish hour time span that I was not on the forum. I only know what they wrote b/c another member quoted it in their reply to them.

The one positive is that other users went to town on this person over what they said, and to this day I feel comforted and very grateful to the users that did that.

I'm not making this thread to bitch about my own circumstances or how this reply from this person pissed me off.. (well, I did kinda.. but it's not the main point).

My main point is this person had no idea of the context of my life. They had no idea what I had gone through, what I was going through, or really anything. They just dismissed everything I wrote, said it was hogwash, that *other people including them* had gone through mental and physical pain (that I assume they think I couldn't even fathom), and that I was making a really stupid decision to CBT over something like losing a crappy job.

If this person had been around long enough to see my reply, they would have seen that my response that day was the result of four+ years worth of dealing with trauma from having my Mom sexually abused by the person I considered my father, losing nearly my entire family because they didn't believe her, my mom and I both being discarded like garbage by the person I grew up with who was my 'Dad', throwing us under the bus. And how that seriously fucked both of us up for a good 2-3 years. Oh - and my mom having to come live in my 1 bdroom apt, cause she has no money. So we were freaking out and also had no personal space. A knife was thrown at one point. It was a bad time in my life.

Everything felt like it was upside down or inverted. Like I couldn't trust reality anymore because my reality broke from what they did. I guess that's how to explain it. And well, the one thing I had during this period was my little job. It was a routine. It stayed the same. I knew what to expect. It was normal. Nothing else was normal anymore except for it.

So you see, person quick to judge others, it wasn't a response over 'losing a crappy job'... it was a response to the idea that the last thing in my life that I had been holding onto like a rock was about to be taken away from me. Replace 'job' with anything else that had the same role and my response would have been the same.

And would I have CBT over losing it.. I don't know. I haven't yet. I don't think I would. I'd fight really hard first. If I couldn't find anyway to support myself and my mom.. I don't know then. BUT...

Back to why Im making this.

Please...

DO NOT tell someone their reasons for wanting to CBT or having suicidal thoughts or suicidal ideation are stupid or dumb. You (as in plural you, addressing everyone), as a poster on this forum, have no context for what the other members are going through on here, and to write off their reasons for getting triggered as silly and dumb not only makes them feel invalidated and unwelcome, it also takes away the sense of security this place comes to offer people in situations like ours.

That people will understand or at least try to.

That we will not be judged.

That we will be welcomed.

That we will be valued.

That we will feel safe, in this very unique space.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: archipelago, Fragile, Manaaja and 20 others
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
The amount of callousness in that banned user's response is saddening. I would have also liked to confront them if it was on my thread. It's hard to believe that there are people that exist like that. They really should have just kept their mouth shut. I'm sorry you had to hear that, but honestly, they should be the ones to apologize to you.

Suicidal people are already treated like outcasts, we should try not to turn on one another. This site is all that some people have for support.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: whywere, Cherry Crumpet, LADY007 and 6 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Reading your post made me cry for you. To have someone be so callous and flippant to someone else is just so brain dead, cruel, and downright mean, what a jerk.

We are all together in this period and when one member on Sanctioned Suicide is hurt, having a bad day, no matter what, one should step up and try to help and make that soul feel better, NOT be a mean jerk.

You are such a kind and caring spirit here to/for me, that I truly 100% care about you, and your mom. We are all the same and hand to hand, shoulder to shoulder, we are one together.

I send and wish that you and your mom have an awesome weekend filled with vibrant blue sunny skies, good food and drink and the knowledge that I care about both of you deeply and my heart felt huge hugs to you.

Walter

• Love
Reactions: Foresight, Cherry Crumpet, WhiteRabbit and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
At the time, I reported that user you quoted, I was shocked and horrified by what they wrote. Some people are just so cruel and insensitive. They are gone now so it is best just to forget about them. After all, we all have the right to exit this world at a time of our own choosing, suicide is a personal decision and nobody needs to justify their reasons for leaving anyway. I'm sorry for all the suffering you have been through. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere, Cherry Crumpet, Crazy4u and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i understand what you mean, thats why i post here A LOT less even though most of my "problem people" are gone.
the most upsetting part was that it turned out they were completely wrong. in one case i have ptsd over what happened and in another, the one that people mostly "complained" about, i have people telling me hes a narcissist and i should leave.
so yeah, it seems people dont have much respect for others.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere, Cherry Crumpet and Symbiote
Rabhen

Rabhen

Isolated Loner
Dec 17, 2021
The person who did is now suspended. I'm still pissed off over it though. This place was my safe haven, where I felt comforted, welcomed, met with compassion and understanding. After this happened I lost that sense of this place feeling like my 'security blanket' or my safe space.

I made a post about how I might lose my job, and how devastated that would leave me. At the time I made that post, it really did feel like if I lost my job, I don't know what other option I would have.. living under a bridge .. what about my mom? (who I am also supporting!)

Most ppl were very understanding, and left comforting words, or just a kind reaction. One person though... To sum it up here's their own words:

What makes me upset is i wasn't able to directly confront them. They got banned within the 5-7ish hour time span that I was not on the forum. I only know what they wrote b/c another member quoted it in their reply to them.

The one positive is that other users went to town on this person over what they said, and to this day I feel comforted and very grateful to the users that did that.

I'm not making this thread to bitch about my own circumstances or how this reply from this person pissed me off.. (well, I did kinda.. but it's not the main point).

My main point is this person had no idea of the context of my life. They had no idea what I had gone through, what I was going through, or really anything. They just dismissed everything I wrote, said it was hogwash, that *other people including them* had gone through mental and physical pain (that I assume they think I couldn't even fathom), and that I was making a really stupid decision to CBT over something like losing a crappy job.

If this person had been around long enough to see my reply, they would have seen that my response that day was the result of four+ years worth of dealing with trauma from having my Mom sexually abused by the person I considered my father, losing nearly my entire family because they didn't believe her, my mom and I both being discarded like garbage by the person I grew up with who was my 'Dad', throwing us under the bus. And how that seriously fucked both of us up for a good 2-3 years. Oh - and my mom having to come live in my 1 bdroom apt, cause she has no money. So we were freaking out and also had no personal space. A knife was thrown at one point. It was a bad time in my life.

Everything felt like it was upside down or inverted. Like I couldn't trust reality anymore because my reality broke from what they did. I guess that's how to explain it. And well, the one thing I had during this period was my little job. It was a routine. It stayed the same. I knew what to expect. It was normal. Nothing else was normal anymore except for it.

So you see, person quick to judge others, it wasn't a response over 'losing a crappy job'... it was a response to the idea that the last thing in my life that I had been holding onto like a rock was about to be taken away from me. Replace 'job' with anything else that had the same role and my response would have been the same.

And would I have CBT over losing it.. I don't know. I haven't yet. I don't think I would. I'd fight really hard first. If I couldn't find anyway to support myself and my mom.. I don't know then. BUT...

Please...

DO NOT tell someone their reasons for wanting to CBT or having suicidal thoughts or suicidal ideation are stupid or dumb. You (as in plural you, addressing everyone), as a poster on this forum, have no context for what the other members are going through on here, and to write off their reasons for getting triggered as silly and dumb not only makes them feel invalidated and unwelcome, it also takes away the sense of security this place comes to offer people in situations like ours.

That we will be valued.

No one can decide validity for anyone else. Fuck this person. I know, not possible, the stick has already stirred the shit and saw dust has been left behind. Sorry you had to read the writings of an anal douche. (mine too if that is how you percieve them)

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021

Please...

That we will be valued.

There are assholes no matter where you go. I'm sorry you had to deal with this idiot. I understand your pain in the thought of losing your job.

• Hugs
Cherry Crumpet

Cherry Crumpet

Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
No one can decide validity for anyone else. Fuck this person. I know, not possible, the stick has already stirred the shit and saw dust has been left behind. Sorry you had to read the writings of an anal douche. (mine too if that is how you percieve them)
Oh no, I don't. Thanks to you and the others that responded. I just really frustrated me. It's like your sense of security about a place gets shaken when crap like this happens.

• Love
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
I invalidate and downplay my feelings on my own enough, I don't need others to do that for me.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?