D

deathisnear

Experienced
May 23, 2021
I can't tell you how many times I've heard this in the world : "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" and it fucking pisses me off every single time. NO, life is a permanent problem and suicide is the ONLY answer to achieve peace in my case. Now, I am sure that is the case for some, and I wish it was that way for me. But my life, my anxiety, my depression is a permanent issue that I've battled my whole life. So don't come at me with "it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem" because that's simply not true.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: again, cyanol, Dead Meat and 12 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
It's not clear to me why a "permanent solution" would even be bad. Every problem will have become "temporary" once it is permanently solved. Not exactly the most well thought out platitude...

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: cyanol, Rogue Proxy, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 4 others
CiproKilledMe

CiproKilledMe

Experienced
Mar 23, 2021
It's the deep thinkers that say shit like that along with "God never gives you more than you can handle." Oh REALLY!?

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, đ–Ł´ nadia đ–Ł´, Dead Meat and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That is just a platitude. I see life as the temporary problem and death is the permanent solution. Life itself is the problem as life is the cause of all suffering. All of our problems are caused by the fact that we exist in the first place. For me death is the solution as I will be incapable of suffering once I am dead. Once I am dead I will be at peace and I will be free from this horrible world.

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, Ligottian, blueclover_. and 3 others
WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
Most people have no idea, so that's why they always use that same phrase. Such a permanent solution doesn't even seem that bad once hell breaks loose in one's life.

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, deathisnear and Fadeawaaaay
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Life is the problem and so is being trapped in a fucked up body. Seriously, who comes up with these trite sayings?

Reactions: cyanol, Rogue Proxy and WorthlessTrash
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
While we are at it, lets not forget "What hurts you makes you stronger".

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
I have seem reasons to CTB that, to me, do seem temporary. The owner of those problems must believe otherwise.
To those concerned, perspective is important. To the uninvolved or detached, that saying must make them feel better and removes them from caring.

its-about-time

its-about-time

nope
Mar 19, 2022
"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem"
Why do people say this like it's a bad thing, anyways. First off I agree not all of our problems fueling CTB are temporary. But even if they were… who DOESN'T want a permanent solution to a temporary problem? If you could take a single pill that prevented you from ever having seasonal allergies again, wouldn't everyone want it? Then ask the people who suffer tremendously from insane allergies, I betcha they'd be desperate for that permanent solution… modern medicine is always attempting to find permanent solutions to temporary problems. It's sort of the holy grail. Why is mental health so different? Should we suffer our entire lives, live to be 85, THEN kill ourselves just so they can STILL say it was a "permanent solution to a temporary problem"? Sure, I suppose it's temporary in the sense that life is temporary?