ErnestBeckerFan

ErnestBeckerFan

Feb 13, 2020
Hi all,
I am trying to search for specific threads on a topic but can't find the search function anywhere. It used to be available on the home page but now the only option I see is to use "filters" which are not very helpful. I may not be understanding how to use the filter function in the same way if that is the method to search for words/posts/threads. I appreciate the help.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Just click the magnifying glass at the top on the right and the options "search" or "advanced search" will show up.
Here's a pic.

ErnestBeckerFan

ErnestBeckerFan

Feb 13, 2020
Thanks for the help. For some reason, my account doesn't show a magnifying glass icon. Maybe my account status is different?

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Ohh so strange! I think it might be related to the fact you only have 2 posts. It should appear when you post more but here's what you can do to look for threads:

-Go to google
-Type "sanctionedsuicide" + "whatever you want to search"
-When you click any link, you'll get an error message. Just replace the .COM with .IS and you'll be able to see that thread.

Reactions: veryhappyhuman
ErnestBeckerFan

ErnestBeckerFan

Feb 13, 2020
I'm a lurker but glad to know! It used to work for me in the past when I was searching for specific information but maybe with the domain changes it's different.

Again, thank you for the advice/suggestions.

• Hugs
Reactions: at-sea and WornOutLife
justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
You need certain number of posts to get search function (and chat, and some other stuff).

Reactions: Kris7825 and ErnestBeckerFan
ErnestBeckerFan

ErnestBeckerFan

Feb 13, 2020
Thanks! It makes sense in some ways.

DisillusionedDragon

DisillusionedDragon

Pessimist/Antinatalist
Nov 25, 2020
Hey, I was a lurker as well until recently and the function had also disappeared for me a while ago. But if you interact with the community a bit more it'll reappear :)

Reactions: Kris7825 and at-sea
I

inabsentia

Apr 20, 2021
Ohhh. I've only just joined and had to get around this by using a search engine (to find this post too). Seems weird since the rules recommend using the search function rather than asking repetitive questions...

Reactions: darkdoomhoney, at-sea and notoriousrbg
N

notoriousrbg

Mar 2, 2021
"Use the search feature"
actually no search feature lmao

Reactions: Kris7825
at-sea

at-sea

Oct 30, 2020

Attachments

• F0A47762-B68F-41A2-B09C-A4EE29AD8A88.jpeg