Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
Tried Prozac, Sertraline, Quetiapine, an anxiety drug (I forgot the name since that was when I was 13)
aripiprazole,risperidone, duloxetine, Effexor, lithium carbonate,and evokalm.

Was in therapy since the age of 12. Had to change and try over 7 therapists. Currently im doing therapy with the 8th one.
5 psychiatrists have changed since I was 13 years old(20 now)

Nothing seems to help

Any suggestions ? Should I try some other medication or some sort of techniques. Anyone else in the same boat?
I do want to get better, but I don't know how.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: d3c96524be95, Shivali and whywere
Illidan77

Illidan77

╰━≪ - ≫─╯
Nov 22, 2022
I've tried almost most the meds you mentioned excluding the SNRI.
but tbh antidepressant just doesn't work for me, but i have a friend who benefit from it but it is kinda relatively long journey to find the right one.
what i've tried beside those you've mentioned is Brintellix/Trintellix (SSRI) and maprotiline (tetracyclic).

As for therapy, again it's kinda different with each person. CBT and TMS.
The only therapy that works for me is mindfulness (yoga, meditation) and swimming for me. and talk therapy (but weirdly it's toward friend than psychiatrist).
But It's still a long journey for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gaga786
chicagodollhouse

chicagodollhouse

Dec 31, 2022
Tried Prozac, Sertraline, Quetiapine, an anxiety drug (I forgot the name since that was when I was 13)
aripiprazole,risperidone, duloxetine, Effexor, lithium carbonate,and evokalm.

Was in therapy since the age of 12. Had to change and try over 7 therapists. Currently im doing therapy with the 8th one.
5 psychiatrists have changed since I was 13 years old(20 now)

Nothing seems to help

Any suggestions ? Should I try some other medication or some sort of techniques. Anyone else in the same boat?
I do want to get better, but I don't know how.
>.> YOU >.>
Ketamine treatment ^.^

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Howdy!

This is just my thoughts and feelings, but 1st and foremost you have the right attitude and that is quintessential. I am 66, reference point, as I have tried so, so many things, never tried Ketamine, but might be worth a shot at it, and no bad puns allowed from me! ha, ha!

For me the best thing is like SS, where I know that I have folks that I can talk with that understand where I am coming from. Makes a world of difference for me.

I have been on Citalopram, for coming on 10 years this spring. Does it help? have no idea, BUT I can really feel it if I forget to take it for a day.

I am here for you and always feel free to send me a message and always remember that you are NEVER EVER alone, and you have a support system here.

Sending you lots of love, hugs and bright blue sunny skies to enjoy.

Walter

Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
Howdy!

This is just my thoughts and feelings, but 1st and foremost you have the right attitude and that is quintessential. I am 66, reference point, as I have tried so, so many things, never tried Ketamine, but might be worth a shot at it, and no bad puns allowed from me! ha, ha!

For me the best thing is like SS, where I know that I have folks that I can talk with that understand where I am coming from. Makes a world of difference for me.

I have been on Citalopram, for coming on 10 years this spring. Does it help? have no idea, BUT I can really feel it if I forget to take it for a day.

I am here for you and always feel free to send me a message and always remember that you are NEVER EVER alone, and you have a support system here.

Sending you lots of love, hugs and bright blue sunny skies to enjoy.

Walter
Thank you so much. It truly does mean a lot. Wishing you the best
>.> YOU >.>
Ketamine treatment ^.^
unfortunately, it isn't available where I am from

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
D

d3c96524be95

Student
Jan 24, 2023
Same boat with medications here. Doctors and pharmaceutical companies can be very creative when it comes to chemical treatments. Unfortunately, they perform barely better than placebo and have a lot of adverse events.

Maybe you could try CBT (not CTB, and not the other kinds of CBT either 😄) or EMDR if you haven't already. I've heard that helped some acquaintances, but I don't think it's very efficient against severe depressions with suicidal ideation. You could also discuss with your doctors and therapists other kinds of explorations, maybe find personality traits you could work on, maybe miscellaneous examinations (like an EEG, a MRI, …). Yet the most probable outcome is that it won't unveil anything special (even though you might have surprises like me). There's also ECTs that may have some kind of efficiency against severe depression, but I think the scientific evidence for them is still quite weak, just like TMS.

I'm unsure we can count on external solutions at this point, but I hope you'll find your way regardless.

Withdrawal symptoms are fairly common with anti-depressants. It doesn't mean they are efficient though, it's just that your body gets used to them. As a dubious comparison, it's not because it's hard to quit smoking that cigarettes do any good to you 😅. However, the most important thing is that you find your equilibrium 🧘‍♂️!

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere