suicidalcatlady

suicidalcatlady

May 7, 2023
These are attempts in my past that lead to nothing except being forced into the ER, into a psych unit, and then into step down care with no say in my care. They made me scared of attempting because of how horribly I was treated. In general, overdosing on meds that are prescribed typically does not end in death, just more trauma. I hope this helps some of you guys so you don't have to go through what I did.

Overdosing on clonopin and ibuprofen- did absolutely nothing except knocking me out for a few days and then being really mentally slow/too unsteady to walk. I was in a wheelchair in a scary psych unit. This was my first attempt so I didn't really know quantities that would be deadly.

Overdosing on way more clonopin and alcohol- this combo actually put me in the ICU because my ex didn't call the ambulance on me for over 24 hours until I woke up for a second and screamed for one. I probably would have survived without the ICU but would've had some physical damage. I spent 2 days in a diaper in the ICU (they pumped stuff in me to get the meds out) completely out of mind and then got Covid and was put in an isolated medical room for like a week with constant sitters and nothing to do. It was awful. One of the staff watching me told me it's good I didn't die when I attempted because I would've gone to hell.

Overdosing on lots of clonopin , seroquel, and some ambien - I completely survived but while I was overdosed I fell and hit my head and then was on my side on the floor for days until authorities decided to come in. I was taken to the ER (at a horrible hospital) and then put into a psych unit, but was sent back to the hospital because it turns out I had a brain bleed, broken foot, rhabdomyolisis, severe bruising on my feet, and a bunch of nerve damage on my left lower leg from laying on the ground for so long. I had to be hooked up to an ng tube for nutrition and worked for 10 days with an occupational and physical therapist to go from completely bed bound from my injuries to being able to walk with a walker. I then spent 6 months working with a physical therapist to be able to lift my left foot again while walking and moving. I had to wear an orthotic and had a cane for months. It was absolutely traumatizing and awful. Even 1 and a half years past I still haven't completely healed.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: LifeQuitter, consider, NoPoint2Life and 7 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds so horrible, I just find it so cruel how people have to suffer like that. But anyway I wish you the best.

Reactions: promapicide
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
Sorry for what you've had to endure but drug ODs are notoriously unreliable.
They're also dangerous in that you could wind up physically or mentally disabled & suffering 🌹💔

Reactions: LifeQuitter