Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
I'm not into the Coffin of Andy and Leyley, but holy shit, hearing that the dev had to go into hiding and sell ownership to a company is a big thing. Ppl, mostly chronically online twitter users, do all they can to outright RUIN her life. Over fictional content that really isn't that bad. Not to mention these same kinds of people once doxxed someone for using MSPaint.

Honestly, fuck the internet. These are the kinds of fools who run their mouth about how suicide is never the answer, then make SaSu users lives unbearable and maybe even tell them to kill themselves. They ruin lives and push people to kill themselves just to feel "moral".

It's only gonna get worse. Ppl looking for any dirt do RUIN you online. With how this "new phenomena" could only get worse, ppl must keep anonymous and/or unseen or face the wrath of the horde. You literally don't even need to do anything wrong, they can twist and turn anything to be "disgusting and immoral" to dox and ruin you.

Just being here is risky and I should remind everyone to keep themselves safe. I hate this kind of shit, these kinds of people. I'm just very angry that these people are allowed on the internet. I wouldn't be surprised if a few talented people keep themselves away from the public internet because of this. I might become one of those people, with even if it's unlikely I'd produce anything, I still have some projects in mind and would like to create something before ctb. With these events, I'm considering keeping everything locked down, among only me and a few trusted persons, and anonymously shared without a hint of my name.

I'm wondering if anyone here has similar thoughts. Having potential or talent but having to stay hidden. I'll only post my dreams and works when I ctb, and people may wonder and wished I shared them publicly before, so they could support or "save" me. But more likely, considering the personal, important, and obviously opinion making my works would be, they'd ruin my life, get me locked up, even more suicidal, and dead.

I hate it.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, jenny6391bubbles, DeadlineDialer and 5 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Good thing that I can't be noticeable even if I tried. Though it sucks that people ruin other people's lives. A lot of people seem to be shitty

Reactions: Skathon
WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
I've played that game for a little bit and I loved it. Haven't finished, but I wish people weren't so mean to the creator of the game.

jenny6391bubbles

jenny6391bubbles

a hikikomori waiting to catch the bus
Mar 1, 2021
I'm into a lot of creative stuff! I wanna try acting, but knowing how many predators there are in the acting world makes me think that it's probably a bad idea. Plus, I've done some shit in the past I don't want people digging up. Maybe a voice actor if I can fix my set-up… Oh well.

lordfungington

lordfungington

Sep 1, 2021
Good bc I'm never noticeable. Nobody would notice or even care if I did kms. I just want to cease to exist

Reactions: Skathon
CheekyPhobia

CheekyPhobia

Reasonless, well it stands to reason...
Aug 1, 2022
Luckily enough for the dev, Nemlei, nothing important was found in the doxx. All they found was that she's a Finnish woman in her late 20's and the company Kit9 belongs to her husband who's going to take care of the business side of it while she focuses on development. But I do agree with you that going against the grain if you aren't prepared for it can be devastating.

Reactions: Archness
RosebyAnyName

RosebyAnyName

Staring at the ceiling for 6 hours
Nov 9, 2023
I've always wanted to create some pretty ambitious content on the internet, but it's not even worth the risk because of what you described above. Since OPs post is just a bit old now, I thought I'd share a recent example of just how bad it's getting: Glitch X.

Glitch X was an event that hosted indie animators (Vivziepop, Sr Pelo, Goosworx, etc.). During the event, comments needed to be disabled because a hate mob was doxxing everyone, posting addresses of the people involved, spamming all mentions of the event on social media with actual graphic gore and offensive rage memes, even spreading outright lies about some of them.

So, what did these indie animators do to deserve this vitriol? Did they create offensive content? Did they share offensive views? Did they have a history of drama?

No, they did literally nothing. The only reason hate mobs targeted these creators is because their content got popular, that's it (and of course the one who got it the worst was Goosworx, because she's trans). Those were genuinely the only reasons, and most people in the hate mob even attested to that themselves. The internet is barely even worth it anymore.

• Aww..
Reactions: Archness
this_is_it

this_is_it

Sep 19, 2023
It's honestly so crazy that people looked at a horror game containing cannibalism, murder, summoning demons and sacrificing people to them, and decided the most problematic part was the one scene where its implied the siblings might end up having an incestuous relationship. Which you practically have to be seeking out to come across