Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
Don't do it if you aren't already close to the person. It's invasive. Doesn't matter how concerned you might be. It's not your business.

The only thing that the person will get out of the conversation is "I should have covered up better."

They aren't going to stop and they're not going to spill their guts to you. Just leave the self harmers alone for gods sake.

^ Same thing goes for eating disorders but the way.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: jazzcat, EmmaD, cgrtt.brns and 4 others
LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
I don't like being asked about self-harm scars, too.

I've ever asked by a coworker at work.
I had slight scars on my right forearm at that time.
She said "my daughter self harmed so I'm concerned that you did the same."

I replied her with a lame excuse "I cut my arm with a venetian blind." and luckily the conversation ended.
I know how unrealistic it was but I no longer care - it's not their business, after all.

Everybody has a hard time during their lifetime - and many people carry their memories in the form of scars.
I don't want to be seen my scars, but now I consider them as a sign of fortitude - I survived my adversity.
But sadly some people don't understand our struggle and give us the label "mental."

In Japan adhesive skin covers which look like your own skin are sold in the store and online. Have you ever seen such products?

Edit: corrected grammatical mistakes.

silent star

silent star

Soon I will forget this life
Apr 30, 2023
Thank you!, I wish everyone would mind their own business for ones in their lives