WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
My brain can quite vividly remember the most minor embarrassing moments of the past that occurred years ago, yet it can't remember a simple formula I wrote down 1 minute ago.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sasshimi, Celerity, Seaghost and 17 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I feel your pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, Seaghost, Heartaches and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, I hate how we cannot forget the past. I wish I could erase certain memories. Our own thoughts can torture us. I find it painful thinking about the past. I also have trouble with memorising things and I struggle with concentration. This seems to be getting worse over time. I hate being conscious, all I want is non existence. I am tired of thoughts.

• Love
Reactions: ithappens, WrongPlaceWrongTime and demuic
BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit

Staring at the edge
Apr 28, 2021
The pain is real. I'll be gaming, doing chores, just generally minding my own business, and out of nowhere my brain starts bombarding me with high caliber cringe potent enough to make me writhe and throw punches at my environment.

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, GenesAndEnvironment, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 1 other person
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
You may have Superior Episodic Memory or Hyperthymesia. It's a blessing or curse depending on how you view it. I strongly suspect I have this to some degree. I remember things so much more vividly than a lot of people I know. I can be minding my own business, doing ok, completely engrossed in something and some subliminal glint of something will catapult me back to being 2 years old or, some horrible miserable experience.

Some idiots think that people spend their every moment brooding on past transgressions and this causes their mental illness. That may be so in some cases. On the other hand, imagine never being able to forget ANYTHING! So you may go through every mundane and perhaps even pleasant memory, only to crash headlong into a memory that's distressing. It plays on a constant, ever increasing loop in the middle of your brain, you don't try to remember it, you just do.

I suspect this condition is a lot more common than people believe. If you are a lucky normie, perhaps you forget all the shit and recall selectively what you want to.

On a personal note, it can be fucking upsetting enough when you recall, with absolutely clarity, things that over the years other people who used to recall the same event gradually loose the ability to. It's like I watch their memories fade and distort in others in real-time.

It's almost like I exist out of the spacetime continuum sometimes! Like everyone else have memories that get recorded one after another, like a videotape. But mine is stuck and everything is recorded in the same spot all at once. It can drive me up the wall at times :-(

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ithappens, BottomlessPit and WrongPlaceWrongTime
Amacko

Amacko

Aug 27, 2021
Only when I'm not busy or distracted, so usually at night or when I'm not at work

My brain really loves to overthinking about the dumbest shit out of my control

• Hugs
Reactions: Heartaches, WrongPlaceWrongTime and Flippy
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
My brain can quite vividly remember the most minor embarrassing moments of the past that occurred years ago, yet it can't remember a simple formula I wrote down 1 minute ago.
Yes, and due to domestic violence and trauma I'm just trapped in this continuous loop of self hatred and unbearable thought. Growing up in abuse and having it during adulthood and never seeing justice for it has ruined my life entirely. I hope my mother rots in hell.

• Hugs
Reactions: Flippy and WrongPlaceWrongTime
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Oh yeah. I play the alphabet game to help me go to sleep and got in a right state last night as I couldn't think of any cities beginning with B. Lol ffs

• Yay!
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime
O

ollyoxenfree24

Jul 6, 2021
Yes out of nowhere my brain reminds of something awful in my past and I can't let it go for weeks even if it was over 10 years ago. It will feel like it just happened and I can't cope with it. But at the same time I have to read the same paragraphs or pages of a book over and over again because I can't remember what I just read. It's also frustrating to live with someone who doesn't get it either. They tell you to get over it and obviously if I could, I would.

MeltedJello

MeltedJello

My brain is a liquid mess.
Aug 18, 2021
My brain does this quite often. Its so annoying remembering the past. It kills my good moods instantly.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Oh man. Wait til the years of depression kick in and your brain malfunctions to where you can't remember what you had for breakfast anymore. The cognitive impairment is real. I had no idea low mood could have such an impact on how your brain functions. I feel half demented. For that reason alone I hope others try to treat (and beat) their depression.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Beeper, avoid_slow_death and Flippy
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Yep. In the most tortorus ways too. And as @Angst Filled Fuck Up mentioned above, the memory loss is VERY real at our age. Especially if you have had life long depression.

• Hugs
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
From the moment I wake up until the moment I sleep because of domestic violence and stupidity.

R

RazzleDazzle

The void stares back.
Sep 16, 2021
Oh shit, my brain is the ultimate troll. I've got so many things wrong with my brain it's just not worth trying anymore.