• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

P

Psi

-
Oct 2, 2023
Hello everyone!
I'm planning a fall of approximately 4.7s from a height of 109m, I would then hit a hard surface at about 166.5km/h (calculations done without taking air resistance into account since I don't know in what position I will fall).

My 'hard surface' is just a 10m times 10m square though, surrounded by cars and trees. The last thing I want is increasing my risk of surviving by landing in a tree or on top of a car. How likely am I to hit the surface I aim for? Does my plan sound like a bad idea?

Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
Hello everyone!
I'm planning a fall of approximately 4.7s from a height of 109m, I would then hit a hard surface at about 166.5km/h (calculations done without taking air resistance into account since I don't know in what position I will fall).
I think, that approximation is far from reality, no matter what orientation you have during the flight. Air resistance becomes a strong force at high speeds. According to some sources, the maximal falling speed of a human in the lowest layer of the atmosphere is nearly 200 km/h for which the air resistance fully compensates the gravity.
My 'hard surface' is just a 10m times 10m square though, surrounded by cars and trees. The last thing I want is increasing my risk of surviving by landing in a tree or on top of a car. How likely am I to hit the surface I aim for? Does my plan sound like a bad idea?
The plan doesn't look reliable, you may be shifted by more than 10m eventually.

Reactions: Iamtired
Body bobi

Body bobi

May 9, 2023
This plan may work but u need to hit the ground whit ur head if u want to succeed.

Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
This plan may work but u need to hit the ground whit ur head if u want to succeed.
Yeah, but that may be difficult to achieve reliably unless you start falling upside down.

Reactions: Body bobi
DragonWingsOnFire

DragonWingsOnFire

Living on hope that i will be happy some day
Mar 8, 2023
I think if you jump you would die nomatter what, i think the real quentions is if you could beat you IS, but that would maybe just be me

Boudika

Boudika

Trauma? Oh you mean reason why I'm hilarious
Aug 22, 2023
Every jumping method is a bad idea. If you fail, you'll end up in a wheelchair or in coma. And in this case, it is very easy to fail.

Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
I think if you jump you would die nomatter what, i think the real quentions is if you could beat you IS, but that would maybe just be me
Although death is very probable, it's not necessarily quick in the worst case. Fear of suffering is one of the main reasons why SI prevents doing dangerous things.

H

hardtruth

-
Oct 9, 2023
Some people die falling off a ladder while others survive falling off a building. Funny sometimes.

• Yay!
Reactions: Defenestration and gore
P

Psi

-
Oct 2, 2023
I think, that approximation is far from reality, no matter what orientation you have during the flight. Air resistance becomes a strong force at high speeds. According to some sources, the maximal falling speed of a human in the lowest layer of the atmosphere is nearly 200 km/h for which the air resistance fully compensates the gravity.

The plan doesn't look reliable, you may be shifted by more than 10m eventually.
Thanks for your great reply. I would like to comment on your statement about 200 km/h being the maximum falling speed for a human.
If I fall like a skydiver, that would be the case. A much greater terminal velocity could be possible though if I fall vertically with my head first. While I believe my approximation is not 100% accurate, air resistance won't change much regarding my probability of success. On Wikipedia it says about the Golden Gate Bridge:

"The Golden Gate Bridge is the most used suicide site in the world. The deck is about 245 feet (75 m) above the water. After a fall of four seconds, jumpers hit the water at around 75 mph (120 km/h; 30 m/s). Most die from impact trauma. About 5% survive the initial impact but generally drown or die of hypothermia in the cold water."

The article goes on with "The fatality rate of jumping is roughly 98%.". And now take into consideration that my bridge is taller than the Golden Gate Bridge. Therefore I've got still faith in my plan.

It may be possible for me to switch to another bridge and land on grass, but I guess I prefer taking the risk landing somewhere other than on hard surface. I forgot to mention that there's a road ahead of my square, so I could land there as well.
Thanks for your comment! I don't think I necessarily have to land head first in order to die considering the people who died jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge without landing head first.
Thank you for your reply. I believe to be determined enough to jump.
Every jumping method is a bad idea. If you fail, you'll end up in a wheelchair or in coma. And in this case, it is very easy to fail.
Why do you think it's easy to end up in a wheelchair or in coma in this case?
Some people die falling off a ladder while others survive falling off a building. Funny sometimes.
Thanks for your reply. Surely hight isn't the only factor.

Last edited:
Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
A much greater terminal velocity could be possible though if I fall vertically with my head first.
Yes, some sources tell that max speed could be 420 - 430 km/h in this case.
While I believe my approximation is not 100% accurate, air resistance won't change much regarding my probability of success.
Air resistance may give you some horizontal acceleration which may cause landing out of your target area. The drunk guy on the following video survived falling from 19 floor by landing on a car.

• Wow
  • Yay!
Reactions: Defenestration and gore
P

Psi

-
Oct 2, 2023

Air resistance may give you some horizontal acceleration which may cause landing out of your target area. The drunk guy on the following video survived falling from 19 floor by landing on a car.

Thanks, you've been quite helpful so far. I really don't want to damage any cars, so I might overthink my plan a bit and find a better spot at my current bridge (which is very long).

R

rollingthunder

May 3, 2023
Thanks, you've been quite helpful so far. I really don't want to damage any cars, so I might overthink my plan a bit and find a better spot at my current bridge (which is very long).
better to overthink than underthink. ensuring you will be successful can take some thought and preparation. i know it hurts right now but have patience and make your method foolproof. if you will CTB soon anyway then you have all the time in the world to prepare. hope you find peace in this life or on the other side my friend

Y

youhavethedove

Oct 9, 2023
I watched videos of jumping and it was extremely off-putting.

Boudika

Boudika

Trauma? Oh you mean reason why I'm hilarious
Aug 22, 2023
Why do you think it's easy to end up in a wheelchair or in coma in this case?
Upon impact, your body suffers extensive damage. Most often it hits the spine and spinal cord. You probably know that if you break/rupture this, your body becomes paralyzed (from the waist down or even completely, depending on the location and severity of the injury).

Jumping from heights is never a sure thing. If you don't fall on your head, there's always a chance you'll survive. And then? Well, the injuries will destroy your life even more.

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Every method has survival stories. People blowing their face off with a shotgun and surviving. People falling from incredible heights and surviving. Hanging, poisoning you name it every method has some random miraculous story of survival. I'm jumping 16 stories. I've been there. I've starred it down. It is plenty high enough. If I survive that then fuck it. I say pick a method you believe suits your situation. Plan and don't look at the fraction of a percent that didn't work out.

Reactions: foxgirl
P

Psi

-
Oct 2, 2023
Upon impact, your body suffers extensive damage. Most often it hits the spine and spinal cord. You probably know that if you break/rupture this, your body becomes paralyzed (from the waist down or even completely, depending on the location and severity of the injury).

Jumping from heights is never a sure thing. If you don't fall on your head, there's always a chance you'll survive. And then? Well, the injuries will destroy your life even more.
Thanks for your response. While I still believe that it's not "easy" to survive such a jump, I'm now thinking about a different higher bridge.
I watched videos of jumping and it was extremely off-putting.
Hello, I watched some suicide jumpers too in the documentary "The Bridge" (2006) and found it to be quite peaceful.

Last edited:
Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020

FRIGHTENING! 19 story...me i want to be 20 story...
i have read that alcool protects the body because of relaxation of muscles