Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018

We normally think of narcissists as having a grandiose self-image and demanding recognition from others.

There's also "vulnerable narcissism" which involves low self-esteem and ruminations over one's past.

It's a personality type correlated with neuroticism, depression and anxiety.

I'd hate to see myself as a narcissist, but I do fixate on my failings to an extremely unhealthy degree.

• Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Donk and not-2-b-the-answer
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I'd hate to see myself as a narcissist, but I do fixate on my failings to an extremely unhealthy degree.
Think you need more than that for a diagnosis.

Reactions: Skathon
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I was definitely of the vulnerable (covert) narcissist type but I became aware of it and it took me more than a decade and a half to work on it and still to some extent it resurfaces but I dont have the type of enviroment that feeds it, on the contrary though so it is mostly under control now

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I've never claimed to not be a narcissist. Add it to the list of many things that already make me a terrible person. I don't even have to read any of that to know that it's definitely true of me. I have long been aware that my self-loathing and hatred over the mistakes I made is just another form of narcissism by focusing on all my faults.

Thing is, knowing that still hasn't been enough to give me any reason to change which makes me just as bad if not even worse than the narcissists who are simply self-absorbed in a positive way. At least those people sometimes have good reason to have inflated egos because they either did something or embody some trait that makes them think they deserve it.

Me on the other hand, I know that I'm terrible, always have been and always will be and me obsessing over that is just another symptom dragging me deeper into this situation.

Reactions: Skathon and cyanol
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Noo! I'm just self-deprecating. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Yay!
Reactions: Snake of Eden