N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
One can read often how weak, lazy and fragile the younger generation is. I am in my mid-twenties and I don't have much knowledge on the different generations in detail. Personally I tend to be an optimist on human progress. However demographics, protectionism, the climate catastrophe and new conflicts could make us all less wealthy and secure. So it is ambivalent.

My main argument is technological progress. It can increase productivity and make our life easier and more fulfilled. The internet for me is personally truely a gift. But there are also negative sides. Internet addiction, lack of real social interactions, the stress having to be always in connection. fears of missing out etc. For example in context of work the past 9 to 5 jobs might have been more easier.

I think there is a lot of progress in science, medicine, entertainment (janusfaced), societal etc. Maybe even on equality and civil right. There are probably pro and contra example for the latter one.

I think many see minority rights and the emphasis on the individual as self-centred. Moreover the emphasis on vulnerability is seen as soft. I rather think it is more healthy this way. More awareness for mental illness and disadvantaged individuals helps to integrate them into the society. I am not sure but I think some of them were just locked up in the past (not sure on that). I think a society is more fair this way and is less dysfunctional. Scandinavia shows the people are more happy on average this way.

Sorry I feel fucking depressed. I take a break for now. Would have liked to write a longer post but fuck I am scared this could be the start of another major depression. Fuck my life!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sluggish_Slump, Forever Sleep and lukas19
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think every generation is faced with it's own specific set of problems. I personally pity anyone who has been born- no matter the age. There's no way of knowing what life is going to throw at them.

Honestly- it's always irritated me- the whole- your generation has it easy... I'm more or less a generation older than you- I'm 43 and I still heard that kind of thing from my elders. To me- it's the equivalent of- 'you're lucky- you have nothing to complain about- you should be grateful.' Why should any of us be grateful if we are unhappy? We didn't choose to be brought here.

I think that perhaps IS one major difference that I have noticed between generations- this sense of duty- to life, to family, to work. I wonder if older generations felt more compelled to make the best of things and just get on with it. I feel like younger generations are more inclined to ask- 'Why should I?'

• Love
Reactions: Sluggish_Slump, Twntysix and noname223