7@vuse99

7@vuse99

Too tired to care.
Mar 9, 2023
I'm a little waste so pardon me if anything is incoherent.
So I just went to rewrite a computer science practical which I prepared for so f*cking much after failing my first attempt with 0. I worked really hard but missed the handing-in deadline by a few minutes meaning I worked so hard for nothing when I have other tests coming up that I could have been preparing for... I hate it so much. Safe to say I feel like total shit and came straight home to pop open a bottle.

I've always done really well academically so getting a 0 and much lower grades, in general, is devasting. Honestly thought I wasn't stupid but I am now doubting that. There are so many things that frustrate me. Like why are there time limits on tests???

Sorry. I am just so f*cking frustrated. Experiences like these make me want to ctb so much... It really feels like I've been stabbed in the chest and someone is twisting the knife continuously.

Reactions: CentreMid
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Sounds to me like the sort of thing that is very annoying and dispiriting when it happens, but which isn't all that important in the larger scheme of things. Just get on with the rest of your course - and be more careful about deadlines next time. And you haven't "worked so hard for nothing:". You will certainly have learned a lot from all that hard work - even if you don't get the course credit for it. What you have learned may prove to be very valuable to you one day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7@vuse99, HumansAreHell and suicidesheep31.1
CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
I'm so sorry you've had to go through this. I agree, time limits are a bitch. I don't know you, but I know for myself that I struggled in school becuase of undiagnosed ADHD and learning diasbilities and I didn't get the help I needed, so I feel like I should ask, do you think you would need accomodations and if so, would it be possible to get them? Again, I don't know you or your situation but I've had struggle with being late in my studies and it was because I didn't have the accomodations I needed to do well, and I just wanna see if maybe there is a way to avoid being late again?

Regardless of the cause, I'm still sorry this has happened to you. I feel like academia needs a complete overhaul tbh. All of these standardized and timed tests and whatnot aren't an accurate reflection of an individual's knowledge, even with proper accomodations. Best of luck in your other studies.

Reactions: 7@vuse99, HumansAreHell and suicidesheep31.1
suicidesheep31.1

suicidesheep31.1

hurt by life
Aug 7, 2022
Hi, I am sorry you missed the deadline for just few minutes.
I get that this situation is a really really frustrating @*#&$(&#
You are not stupid. This can unfortunately happen to everyone.

Yes, you will probably get a much lower grade due to this. But as @Linda said, this
isn't all that important in the larger scheme of things

And
You will certainly have learned a lot from all that hard work

Reactions: 7@vuse99
7@vuse99

7@vuse99

Too tired to care.
Mar 9, 2023
I'm so sorry you've had to go through this. I agree, time limits are a bitch. I don't know you, but I know for myself that I struggled in school becuase of undiagnosed ADHD and learning diasbilities and I didn't get the help I needed, so I feel like I should ask, do you think you would need accomodations and if so, would it be possible to get them? Again, I don't know you or your situation but I've had struggle with being late in my studies and it was because I didn't have the accomodations I needed to do well, and I just wanna see if maybe there is a way to avoid being late again?

Regardless of the cause, I'm still sorry this has happened to you. I feel like academia needs a complete overhaul tbh. All of these standardized and timed tests and whatnot aren't an accurate reflection of an individual's knowledge, even with proper accomodations. Best of luck in your other studies.
I have been diagnosed with ADHD and am in the process of applying for accommodations (although this has proved to be extremely expensive). I guess my frustration is with the system as a whole and how so much makes no sense...