N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think I am not sure. I don't know statistics on it. But my guess would be it increases.
There seems to be the Flynn effect (for industrial countries). However it does not seem to be that simple.

There seem to be evidence for decrease and increase of the intelligence.

I could imagine in less developed countries the IQ increases a lot. Better education, better nourishing. And the internet helps to make education easily available. Though there is a lot of fake news.

Personally I think my education would be way way worse without the internet. Though many people are susceptible for demagogues. People who pretend to have easy answers for complex issues. However this does not mean I was immune to fake news. As probably most other people I have biases. Information that seem to confirm our world views seem to be accurate.

I am pretty much an enthusiast of the internet. It helps to cope with my pain a lot. So maybe I have a bias in favor of the internet. There seems to be a huge increase of knowledge every single day. I don't have exact numbers but I think the knowldege compared to a century ago is gigantic. Former intellectuals could be experts in many different disciplines. Today this is almost impossible. For being an expert you have to specialize on one topic. It takes huge effort to keep on the current status of the newest research. Though wanna-be intellectuals pretend to be polymath. (never used that word I hope it means what I want to express. I want to say they pretend to be a genius/expert on several different topics at the same time.)

Last edited:
M

Meaninglessness

Existence is absolutely meaningless
Nov 12, 2022
The modern man is only getting dumber and dumber because of computers, Internet and other aids. When humans lived in nature with deadly dangers everywhere, stupid people could not survive and reproduce.

People are getting dumber and dumber!

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Intelligence is very fluid. That said, I would say probably to the chagrin of everyone involved, it's always going up slightly. It's still pretty random though.