• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Pardoe84

Pardoe84

Student
Jul 2, 2023
I was wondering about the following:

I am 1,92m tall and i have something similar to this in my sleeping room.

183802 IMG 20231208 103155

If i would do full hanging from that the lenght of the rope would be only 20cm and my feet only 10cm away from the ground.

If i would do full hanging from a tree for example the rope could be 100cm or more.

Is there another force working with a longer rope? Is it harder to black out from a short rope length?

There would also be the risk of SI kicking, that i grab to the bar with my hands. Which i could prevent with handcuffs that i have got.

EDIT:
It is something like that. I have it directly under the ceiling. Not as low as in the picture. The anchor point would be around 2,40 high. Is that enough for full hanging? My height is 1,92m. Or is the force working too low and blackout would take longer?

Kleiderstange deckenmontage simple hangin 2

Last edited:
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I have not heard of hight affecting hanging. As long as your feet is not touching the ground I think it would work. The only doubt will be if you are only a few centimeters off the ground and the rope is stretchable you could endup touching the ground. Yes you could still die even touching the ground in a partial hanging manner but I wouldn't risk it.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It's not only about your feet not touching the ground. If you manage to grad sth with your hands shortly before you pass out completely you could also have a small chance to rescue yourself.

I'm not a hanging expert but I think 50cm +- needs very exact length calculations not to touch the ground.

Reactions: rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
If you manage to grad sth with your hands shortly before you pass out completely you could also have a small chance to rescue yourself.
It will be very hard to save your self by grabbing on to the anchor support past above your head and the rope length. But this case has a lot of ifs. Hanging by it self has a number of odds to bypass, if possible it's better to avoid adding extra variables to it.

Reactions: Deleted member 82921 and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It will be very hard to save your self by grabbing on to the anchor support past above your head and the rope length. But this case has a lot of ifs. Hanging by it self has a number of odds to bypass, if possible it's better to avoid adding extra variables to it.
I would make sure to have as less IFs as possible.

Reactions: rozeske
FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
People are saying you shouldn't be able to rescue yourself but I beg to differ, imagine you're hanging 2 feet in the air after your knot fails to make you unconscious and you're just there stranded until eventually someone passes by and sees you, you could potentially be in horrible pain for hours šŸ˜–šŸ„“

FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
2m40 is plenty high enough and of you really wanna help yourself avoiding grabbing the rail (which becomes harder with every passing second your bodyweight is pulling on that noose) then you could always cover your eyes with a sleep mask or something so that you have an extra obstacle to overcome to rescue yourself
Oh I was thinking of closing eyes shut more for SI reasons than for practicality as it'd make stepping off seem less scary, now I'm definitely gonna keep my eyes shut during my attempt!