Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
I have nightmares when I think about the future. I don't want to be in the same situation (or worse) in the next few years. Living alone and sick without any meaning, always empty and dissatisfied with oneself. I definitely need to change this.

I have nothing left to lose, and because I don't fear loss, I also don't fear risks -- the danger of risks is less than permanence. The hatred I feel for my cowardice is the propulsion of my courage. Knowing that I can die if I want to has made life more beautiful.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, AvwJ, fleetingnight and 5 others
azad

azad

Vegetable
Nov 8, 2022
yes the future is definitely going to be painful. i wish i can die soon

Reactions: sserafim and Labyrinth
astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
All the time. No excitement... Just dread for what can and will go wrong.

Reactions: sserafim and touchingthevoid
Felodese

Felodese

Experienced
Mar 31, 2024
I have trouble seeing any future at all really, it's just a wierd blur that I can't quite make out, and I have no idea what's coming. On the one hand I keep thinking I'll be dead soon anyway so the is no future, but on the other hand there's the panic of what it'll be like if I'm still alive - regardless of whether I'm better or worse off mentally, it's probably going to be hell.

Reactions: sserafim and Labyrinth
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
I'm sorry you feel that way. I could see that you have the capacity to change a lot in your life.

Reactions: Labyrinth
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm not really scared of the future but I don't want to experience any further decline in my life quality. If it happens I'm prepared for it and I will know what to do. I still hope for a turnaround and luck in life again. Nothing to be scared of.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Honestly, no. I'm still goin through college and I feel like it might get better from here. Obviously, there's no guarantee. Worst case scenario, I graduate and can't find a job and then I'm in the same spot I was before college, but with a degree. Best case scenario, I get a job in my desired field, can afford to move out, and experience adulthood alone.

Ultimately, I'll cross that bridge when I get there :)

Reactions: Labyrinth
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Yeah very much, especially growing political unrest.

Reactions: leadhoncho
AtomicWaffles

AtomicWaffles

hxppy thxughts
Dec 15, 2023
Yeah, also I really don't want to see my body age and wither away. It scares me.

Reactions: sserafim
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
Not especially, I expect that things will improve from here on out, though I am worried that in the end, it will be insufficient.

fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
I'm more scared of how quickly it's coming. Life is passing me by, it's scary

Reactions: sserafim
Doctor Logan

Doctor Logan

Apr 26, 2024
I'm scared things won't change and that I'll be trapped like this forever. Always alone and barely living with no friends. I know the issue is me but I just don't see a reason to continue when the world just makes me feel like it hates me

AvwJ

AvwJ

Apr 16, 2024
i'm scared, and i wish i had more control over my fear rather than letting it keep me stagnant cause i'm too scared of putting myself out there and getting hurt. it sounds like you are able to put your fear to good use as a motivator instead. i'm so glad for you and i hope i can get there too.

Reactions: bed and Labyrinth
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Be all, end all šŸŽµ
Apr 17, 2023
Learn to live in Day tight compartments. Close the door to the past and the future.

-Dale Carnegie Author of How to Win Friends and Influence People

Reactions: AvwJ