Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
If I wasn't trapped in my situation, then I would want to live. But it's humiliating and defeating to not be able to rescue yourself due to circumstances outside your control. Its even worse when people blame you without understanding the true hopelessness of your situation.

Reactions: cyanol, lili, Al_stargate and 7 others
C

CommitSudoku

never interfere with a lifespan reaping
Feb 12, 2022
My mind is a prison, I feel trapped regardless of my external circumstances at this point. So I always feel trapped and there's no escape.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and jimmy7754
VoidDesirer22

VoidDesirer22

A dream inside a locked room
Sep 6, 2021
If I wasn't trapped in my situation, then I would want to live. But it's humiliating and defeating to not be able to rescue yourself due to circumstances outside your control. Its even worse when people blame you without understanding the true hopelessness of your situation.
Of course. I'd wager that a feeling of being trapped covers 99.9% of ctbs. But it's just one abstract feeling that is arrived to from varying circumstance.

Trapped in body, trapped eocnomicaly, trapped inside a stupid brain, trapped in an abusive family ... And so on.

Reactions: ineedtoctb, piger, ColorlessTrees and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
We cannot know exactly what people are feeling before they ctb as we are not living their lives. However, I do believe that many people probably feel trapped, and they ctb as they are desperate to escape their situation. Suicide is very difficult as we are programmed to survive, and I believe that people are able to overcome the SI when the pain of living gets to be unbearable and they cannot take it anymore. This life is so cruel and unfair and we live in a world with unlimited potential for suffering. To me, it makes sense as to why so many people want to leave it.

Reactions: DaSh, Mr. Squiggles, ineedtoctb and 3 others
nopride86

nopride86

Student
Mar 16, 2022
I can't speak for other people, but it is the driving factor for me.
I feel like at this point, regardless of the minute decisions I can make in day-to-day life, I'm ultimately left in a check-mate.
I feel like a rat in a box that has 3 options: glue trap, snap trap, or starvation. No cheese in sight.
And even if I was given cheese, my time in the box would just be lengthened.

• Aww..
Reactions: myopybyproxy, Journeytoletgo, Weebster and 1 other person
D

Dangersmith1

Mar 22, 2022
Life is so difficult

Reactions: Lostandlooking
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
Absolutely! Trapped with no prospect of things getting better. It's absolute torture.

Reactions: WeDontKnowTheFuture and Weebster
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Absolutely! Trapped with no prospect of things getting better. It's absolute torture.
It's sad that every choice I've made, even the good ones, have led me to my current situation. I've hit a brick wall and can't see any move forward.

Reactions: Al_stargate
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

Mar 4, 2022
It's sad that every choice I've made, even the good ones, have led me to my current situation. I've hit a brick wall and can't see any move forward.
Same thing. I almost feel like I was led into my situation by some higher power or whatever.

Reactions: nohopeleft69 and Mr. Squiggles
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Same thing. I almost feel like I was led into my situation by some higher power or whatever.
In order that we kill ourselves because our time for the next game is upon us? :)

Al_stargate

Al_stargate

Mar 4, 2022
In order that we kill ourselves because our time for the next game is upon us? :)
I don't think suicide is predetermined. But sometimes there is no viable alternative, so that might contradict itself. If one believes in destiny. I believe our lives are a combination of predetermined destiny and our choices as well. But it sucks that one can make ton of good choices and only one bad and it's all over.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
I don't think suicide is predetermined. But sometimes there is no viable alternative, so that might contradict itself. If one believes in destiny. I believe our lives are a combination of predetermined destiny and our choices as well. But it sucks that one can make ton of good choices and only one bad and it's all over.
I was joking. But yes it's bullshit that one wrong move in this Choose-your-own-adventure book leads to a page with no further options

Al_stargate

Al_stargate

Mar 4, 2022
I was joking. But yes it's bullshit that one wrong move in this Choose-your-own-adventure book leads to a page with no further options
hehe, you're right