the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
if so, for better or for worse, how?

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
Social Media makes me feel like I am the only person who is sad and alone in this world. But it still helps me as a distraction.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: TheEndisNear121200, Rn110bg101, AprilsBlessings and 4 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you šŸ•Æļø Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
worse. well......im counting this as social media. im not sure were media fits in, but its social and im always on here.

not that this place makes me worse, although depending on the day and the people im interacting with it can, but the whole overall aspect of an outdoor, hands-on type person sitting at a laptop all day doing this ^ (pointing to me commenting) isnt very healthy for me. i miss my sunlight and outside but in my current situation that just isnt possible, however i am working towards that but ive been kind of sitting here for a few years so im a little scared that once i get my situation worked out ill still be sitting here because its what i do now.

Reactions: Ghost2211 and Chupacabra 44
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
I use SM as a tool to further my desire to ctb and help overcome SI.

• Love
Reactions: Rn110bg101, snowman626 and Ghost2211
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I would say it certainly does add towards my wanting to CTB, knowing how shitty the world is.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rn110bg101, snowman626, marcusuk63 and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I feel like I'm the only person ever that never did social media. I never saw a point. I don't have extended family and I certainly don't have work or social friends. I just assumed a loner doesn't need a social tool.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Rn110bg101, Broken Chimera, parasytes_ and 4 others
LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
Everything is affecting us, so yeah, even social media. Normies post their happy photos with their partners which is a suicide fuel for us who live in social isolation.

• Hugs
Reactions: Marauder, snowman626, Worthless_nobody and 4 others
W

WornOutLife

惞惃惈
Mar 22, 2020
I think social media, except for forums like this, suck.
Instagram, facebook, what are they for? It's only about taking "nice pics" and sharing them and getting anxious about how many likes and comments you got. We become sooo stupid with social networks. I was a victim once. Now, I barely use them. (only to read info, especially on twitter)
So, as for me, social media is definitely for the worse.

Reactions: Worthless_nobody, StateOfMind and Ghost2211
Ardesevent

Ardesevent

Itā€™s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
Worse. It's all about people bragging how good their lives are, so it generally doesn't make anyone feel better about themselves at all.

Reactions: Worthless_nobody, StateOfMind and Ghost2211

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Yeah. Some pages invoke envy in me, seeing good looking people saying things like:
"Fall seven times, get up on the eighth."
"So blessed to have such wonderful people around me, thank you all for your support (a bunch of emojis)"
"Live was never easy on me but I worked HARD. I attribute my success to personal qualities, and not to circumstances at all. I'm a free self-caused agent. You get what you wish for. You don't get what you wish for, you get what you work for. Damn I'm so fucking good. Here are some products I've been paid to advertise."

There are so much people that have much better stats than I do, and social media reminds me of their existence. So freaking toxic...
Envy + social media = bad feelings.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rn110bg101 and Ghost2211
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It keeps me distracted so without it I'd probably want to do it more.

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
The little time I was on social media (friend created my account) I felt worse. I never saw a point in social media. It seems to be nothing more but look at me look at me. I deleted it and definitely never missed it and never looked back

Reactions: Meditation guide and Ghost2211
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
These days I only use Facebook just to browse and look at memes most of the time lol. Anything else, like Instagram, just makes me feel depressed. It's all about showing off how good your life is and how much better you are than everyone else. Basically social media is one big dick measuring contest in my opinion.
I used to be very active on all social media's and posted frequently but as my depression has gotten worse I've withdrawn. Also I have nothing of interest anymore to share with the world and don't want to post depressing things as I don't want to upset others.

• Hugs
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Very much so. The way the worlds gone makes not doing a google search unthinkable. I mean it was bad enough then but now everything's online. I was late to the internet game and now it makes you feel over the hill if you're past 30. I often think I'm already dead and this is hell as egocentric as that is. That this is all for me. That's partly wishful thinking. I don't have to feel bad for ending it if this is just a figment of my imagination and partly that I always was a narcissist. I expected other people to do it for me. They didn't and then smartphones came along just at the wrong time. I've been dealt a serious dose of karma but had I been born ten years later I would have got away with it

• Hugs
Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
Yeah, it's a constant reminder of how shitty this world is and how alone I am. Not like I have anything else to do but scroll thoughā€¦

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide and Ghost2211
happyhappyfunny

happyhappyfunny

Sep 16, 2020
Not really. I have lost the ability to care abt other ppl's business or compare theirs to mine. It all seems like some made-up stories from a fiction to me tbh. So it doesn't affect anything abt my ctb-ing tendency neither positively nor negatively.