S

Strangeasangels

Student
May 23, 2019
I bought some about a year ago. I was having a hard time after I lost my job and was close but i never completely gave up hope. I wanted to believe things could improve. Covid happened and things got worse but I still held onto hope.

I am feeling pretty hopeless again and my thoughts go back to the SN I bought about a year ago. Is it still good?

Reactions: Mr2005 and voidman
voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
Probably still good if you haven't opened it at all... would be good to test is at this point though.

TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
usually two years the expiration date. Do a test

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
"Chemtrade suggests that under proper storage conditions, the shelf life for dry sodium nitrite is at
least 3 years. While sodium nitrite may cake, clump and harden within 6 months of the
manufacture date, the chemical assay will remain within manufacturing specifications for at least
3 years."

Revision Date: January 22, 2016

not sure exactly how accurate it is but i think ive also see people saying it here as well (i got this from a pdf)

Reactions: loopylou, deleted, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
"Chemtrade suggests that under proper storage conditions, the shelf life for dry sodium nitrite is at
least 3 years. While sodium nitrite may cake, clump and harden within 6 months of the
manufacture date, the chemical assay will remain within manufacturing specifications for at least
3 years."

Revision Date: January 22, 2016

not sure exactly how accurate it is but i think ive also see people saying it here as well (i got this from a pdf)
This is correct. SN is very stable despite caking or yellowing. It is best to keep it away from moisture snd in an air tight container.

Reactions: Life_and_Death
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It also should be noted then 3 year date we see on the bottle is for sale purpose. Salt doesn't expire, and it is very likely good forever. It gets less pretty with time, and as such becomes harder to sell. It will last forever, I'm willing to bet my life on it.

Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, infinitelove, checkouttime and 3 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
That's great then! Always good to know my one way pass won't expire that quick!
Yeah, you can get salt out of old tombs and it's still good. Everything I've read has said curing salt is eternal like all other salts, but it gets yellow and clumpy. It makes me feel better too since who knows how long buying this will be an option with SN being the preferred method many of us. The more suicides that turn up with it the more attention it will get as far as regulation. I still love it even if it's ugly lol.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and LR007
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
It also should be noted then 3 year date we see on the bottle is for sale purpose. Salt doesn't expire, and it is very likely good forever. It gets less pretty with time, and as such becomes harder to sell. It will last forever, I'm willing to bet my life on it.

same thing with the antiemetic meto medicine. they say it expires in about 2 yrs but in my research its still usable up to 15+ yrs later

Reactions: Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Oh yes. I've googled some news about us. There's some evil people trying to shut us down.
I doubt they ever will, but I have stans guide screenshots just in case. I know I won't remember it all on my own, and I would be so sad if the guides were gone.

Reactions: checkouttime
Stubbe

Stubbe

Sep 11, 2020
Yeah, you can get salt out of old tombs and it's still good. Everything I've read has said curing salt is eternal like all other salts, but it gets yellow and clumpy. It makes me feel better too since who knows how long buying this will be an option with SN being the preferred method many of us. The more suicides that turn up with it the more attention it will get as far as regulation. I still love it even if it's ugly lol.
Isn't the problem with SN that with time it will oxidize and turn into nitrate? Which will certainly give it an expiration date.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Isn't the problem with SN that with time it will oxidize and turn into nitrate? Which will certainly give it an expiration date.
Air tight contained. Don't open it.

Stubbe

Stubbe

Sep 11, 2020
Air tight contained. Don't open it.
Yeah as long as people keep their hands off and don't open the container it should be fine I think. But the moment it's opened I wouldn't trust it to last for a long time.

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I opened one of my containers to look at it. Should I be concerned? Also Im also going to have to open both my containers to test the product too.

I was under the impression it could be opened a couple times as long as it remains sealed the majority of the time. Guess I'll find out...

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Yeah as long as people keep their hands off and don't open the container it should be fine I think. But the moment it's opened I wouldn't trust it to last for a long time.
I will for sure do more research on this topic.
I

its mainly from relatives which caught their relatives that Ctb and left the laptops on with the site on display for example.
with a suicide an autopsy is done and the toxicology will show SN as the cause of death.

Last edited:
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Found a forum talking about it. They mention that as long as it doesn't get wet it shouldn't even oxidize in a meaningful amount.
Awesome, this is my suspicion to be honest. I think the only real issue is moisture, so people who live in a humid climate opening would be more problematic. I honestly don't know why so many people open and test it anyway. There's really no reason it wouldn't be what it says it is. It's a cheap material, and not like it's drugs. As long as one buys from normal companies there shouldn't be a need for open it before use anyway.

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I honestly don't know why so many people open and test it anyway. There's really no reason it wouldn't be what it says it is

Initially I thought the same but there's been enough posts about it around here to plant the seed of doubt in my mind and it just snowballs from there.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Initially I thought the same but there's been enough posts about it around here to plant the seed of doubt in my mind and it just snowballs from there.
I feel you. I've seen some sketch packaging on here too though lol.

Stubbe

Stubbe

Sep 11, 2020
Awesome, this is my suspicion to be honest. I think the only real issue is moisture, so people who live in a humid climate opening would be more problematic. I honestly don't know why so many people open and test it anyway. There's really no reason it wouldn't be what it says it is. It's a cheap material, and not like it's drugs. As long as one buys from normal companies there shouldn't be a need for open it before use anyway.
I had to test mine because I was unsure if the seller was legit as I had doubts about the seller before purchase. But that's why you buy two.
I think other people test the quality for the same reason.

Reactions: Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I had to test mine because I was unsure if the seller was legit as I had doubts about the seller before purchase. But that's why you buy two.
I think other people test the quality for the same reason.
Buying 2 is a smart move.

Leech

Leech

ɴᴏᴡ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟy ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʀᴇᴀʟ
Aug 8, 2020
It will expire but definitely not after just a year AS LONG AS it's still sealed.

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
That's great then! Always good to know my one way pass won't expire that quick!

The jar it cane it's actually quite cute! :heart:
You can always get more.

aminend

aminend

Warlock
May 24, 2020
I bought 1kg SN in airtight container 3 months ago. But I opened its door 3 time for test and closed that fast and tightly. Is that usable yet? Anyone know?
Its expire date is 2022
As I read temporary exposure to air is ok

Last edited:
I

ITryHard

Jul 30, 2020
I briefly opened mine a few times to test it (that's my indecisiveness for you -- needed to test it more than once), then made sure to seal it up right away. It's stored in a drawer away from heat or humidity or moisture. Because of circumstances that have arisen, I have chosen to postpone my CTB by one month. Please tell me my SN will still be good in Mid-Nov., as I really can't order more.

On an related note, I couldn't see anyone using SN for it's intended purpose (curing meat) using 200 gms all at once, so it's gotta have some sort of shelf life, even after it's opened.

I

ineedtoleave

Student
Oct 3, 2020
I think as long as you keep it closed it will stay good!

Reactions: ITryHard
M

MariV

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2020
would it also last forever of u were so stupid as to open the bottle like me? :sunglasses: