C

Cakes

She/Her
Oct 25, 2020
I think I've read different things. I thought if you failed, you'd make a full recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jumper Geo and sadworld
shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
You can be saved from SN and recover fully, of course there will be instances where someone has not recovered from it.

Reactions: Cakes
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
From whatever I have read here on ss it seems one can make full recovery from SN without any permanent damage to any organs ... So I guess brain damage is not a concern

Reactions: TripleA and Cakes
degeneratewaste

degeneratewaste

dressed for the grave.
Aug 24, 2020
no. if you are found after taking SN, it is completely reversible by administering methylene blue.

Reactions: Symbiote, sadworld and Cakes
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
I think I've read different things. I thought if you failed, you'd make a full recovery.
Contrary to what people say, it CAN cause brain damage in some people depending on underlying conditions. Bear in mind that people just parrot off hearsay they read somewhere and it goes round and round until it is regarded as "fact". For example, if you look at official medical reports you will see that brain edema occurs in most cases. I havea large brain tumour; the slightest thing aggravates it. For example if i get on a plane, I get raised intracranial pressure and my vision goes and i am then at high risk of stroke/seizure with potential resulting brain damage. If i got brain edema from SN, it could ruin my vision permanently because every time there is edema, it stretches my 6th cranial nerve (which the tumour presses on) until eventually it may be pernamently damaged and i will never see again. People need to quit being naive and taking everything as fact. Clearly the risks are different depending on one's underlying medical issues.

Reactions: feast or famine, Disappointered, Metalhead and 2 others
S

seeya2020

Nov 9, 2020
SN kills you by starving your brain of oxygen. So of course it causes brain damage.

Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
This has already been discussed Link and there have been zero cases of it causing brain damage. It has been explained in the thread linked above why although the body is deprived of oxygen, it does not cause brain damage. This Link explains how it does not cause much, if any, brain damage. Please use the search function

Last edited:
Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness and sadworld
S

seeya2020

Nov 9, 2020
This has already been discussed Link and there have been zero cases of it causing brain damage. It has been explained in the thread linked above why although the body is deprived of oxygen, it does not cause brain damage. This Link explains how it does not cause brain damage. Please use the search function
This has already been discussed Link and there have been zero cases of it causing brain damage. It has been explained in the thread linked above why although the body is deprived of oxygen, it does not cause brain damage. This Link explains how it does not cause much, if any, brain damage. Please use the search function
Which link ? I'm new to this...

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
It causes death unless you go to the hospital as far as I can tell. So far, among those that go to a hospital, they have not reported brain damage. Maybe some have it but they haven't reported it any place.

There is a window of time to get to the hospital and get treatment. Some live without any bad effects, and some die. It's not a sure thing that you will be saved in the hospital.

Last edited:
Reactions: sadworld
S

seeya2020

Nov 9, 2020
Last edited:
Reactions: tiredofbreathing
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
A dead person has brain damage.

How doesn't it cause brain damage. It literally kills you, dead. So a dead person has a working brain ? It does more than brain damage you get brain dead.

How do you die from SN? SN means sodium nitrite yea
Are you kidding me? I think you misunderstood this thread. We were talking about surviving SN not dying from it. Sorry if I misunderstood you but SN deprives the blood of oxygen and if you are found before death it is reversible by administering methylene blue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caspers
C

Cakes

She/Her
Oct 25, 2020
Thanks and sorry

• Hugs
Reactions: Caspers and Jumper Geo
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
Thanks and sorry

Hey don't worry about it, I originally thought it might cause brain damage, but other user experiences and medical references told me otherwise. We all learn a lot when we come on to this forum, it's a lot of info to take in

Reactions: sadworld
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
SN starves your body from getting enough oxygen to keep organs from failing. Healthy blood is red, SN tainted blood is chocolate brown. There is trace amounts of oxygen in SN tainted blood so the organs start fighting for scant resources. The survival window lessens after 2 hrs, the longer you go the more damage is done. The chance of you not coming back or becoming a vegetable is greater after 5 hours.