• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
Promethazine is an anti emetic. It says it is a dopamine blocker. Does someone knows if i can use this instead of meto?

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I really doubt it based on my own experience I'm afraid. I've used it a few times and find it pretty mild in effect. It does seem to effect people differently though. Have you any experience with it?

I didn't know it was anti emetic or a dopamine blocker. I just know it as an anti histamine. It's apparently good for potentiating opioid and benzos but honestly I haven't really experienced that effect to a substantial degree.

There's another medication you can by over the counter in some places. It's got a similar name. Prochlorperazine. It is named bucastem M too. Its generally use buccaly which basically means you dissolve it between your lip and gums. Can't help wondering if this was actually what you were referring to as it's an anti emetic with dopamine blocking effects. It's quite similar to Metoclopramide but has higher risks of some of the crappy side effects.

EDIT: just did a quick search and you're right. Promethazine is a dopamine antagonist and does have anti emetic properties. I still don't think it's likely to be suitable for SN though. Check stans guide. You'll find it here on the forum and it has some pretty comprehensive info on anti emetics in relation to SN. It suggests a few that are usable and I think it even ranks them. If memory serves me there's a list of around five that are suitable. Prochlorperazine is one of them.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: hellispink
W

WanderingWater

Student
Apr 7, 2022
Yes. You will find information regarding this in Stan's Guide.

Please research rather than rely on Others. Being "spoon fed" information is a haphazard approach.

Reactions: Smart No More
EndlessDream

EndlessDream

Feb 15, 2023
Saw some points that may make it suitable.

"Meclizine is better at preventing motion sickness when taken at least one hour prior to travel; promethazine is more effective once motion sickness has occurred."

https://journals.lww.com/greenjourn...zine_Compared_With_Metoclopramide_for.16.aspx
"Promethazine and metoclopramide have similar therapeutic effects in patients who are hospitalized for hyperemesis gravidarum. The adverse effects profile was better with metoclopramide."

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/heal...arum-severe-nausea--vomiting-during-pregnancy
"Hyperemesis gravidarum is the medical term for severe nausea and vomiting during pregnancy."

Any idea of how much is needed? I'm assuming still 2-3 regular doses similar to metoclopramide.

Also promethazine is dopamine-blocking, as recommended by Peaceful Pill.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/promethazine
"Promethazine is a phenothiazine derivative first-generation H1 receptor antagonist but is also an antagonist at muscarinic (M1) and dopamine (D2) receptors."

Here, promethazine is more regulated and pharmacist-only compared to meclozine, where questions are asked to validate whether someone can take it or not.

Doing some research still :)