• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

motoko_s9

Jul 2, 2024
I often see people saying "tried partial," but on further reading this turns out to be a trial run attempting to black out, failure to fall unconscious or SI, or something similar.

But has anyone failed a partial hanging attempt after blacking out? If so what do you think might have caused it? Convulsions shifting the position of the body?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Convulsions shifting the position of the body?
This is imo the reason in most cases. Don't forget that the feet in a partial attempt still have ground contact and don't underestimate what our bodies can still do after we are unconscious and SI kicked in

Reactions: motoko_s9
MHCheese454

MHCheese454

Jul 14, 2024
Hangings spook me out because you might choke, I would rather go via gun or jumping off something high. Quick and painless. But ig it's because hanging is effective when done well

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
M

motoko_s9

Jul 2, 2024
This is imo the reason in most cases. Don't forget that the feet in a partial attempt still have ground contact and don't underestimate what our bodies can still do after we are unconscious and SI kicked in

Thanks.

My question is, in what cases, and how many?

And, knowing that, for what type of posture?

I don't think I have yet seen a case mentioned here where someone very clearly says that this is what happened. I think I have seen one where a person said they stood up, but I couldn't be completely sure that the person fully blacked out.

Edit: I have found a person in this thread who reports standing up after blacking out. https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/partial-hanging-closet-bar.169188/#post-2570614

I guess we are not going to hear from anyone for whom this didn't happen.

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Thanks.

My question is, in what cases, and how many?

And, knowing that, for what type of posture?

I don't think I have yet seen a case mentioned here where someone very clearly says that this is what happened. I think I have seen one where a person said they stood up, but I couldn't be completely sure that the person fully blacked out.
I think you'll have to wait for people who actually failed their partial attempts and what they think why it failed. I don't recall a successful GBT with partial atm.

Imo failing a partial is possible bc if the pressure on the neck can't be kept up to block blood flow chances of survival (incl survival with brain damage) are high. I would always consider full to partial bc once the chair is kicked away there's no way back, regardless how long it takes.

M

motoko_s9

Jul 2, 2024
I have a scientific paper with literature review that says that of the cases where it was mentioned, over half had feet in contact with the ground.

Of course that is where it is mentioned. Maybe it is considered more noteworthy when the feet are in contact with the ground.
Edit: in Ohio the vast majority (83%) were partial suspension.

Also from data in England:

"Information on degree of suspension was available for 149 cases. Seventy-eight of these (52.4%) were found totally suspended (both feet above the ground). In about one-quarter (35 out of 149, 23.5%) the subjects were suspended with their feet touching the ground, in 11 cases (7.4%) they were kneeling, in 13 lying (8.7%) and in 7 seated (4.7%). The precise position was unclear in a further 5 cases involving partial suspension (3.4%)."

This is 149 cases out of a total of 162.

The reported cases from 2024 in this forum seem strange. Quite a few Night-Night, No Partial, lots of SN, much more probably than in the general population.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikUma