P

Psi

Oct 2, 2023
As some members are aware, my method is jumping from a tall bridge. I wonder what it will do to other people who witness my attempt. Will they get traumatized? Personally, I wouldn't mind if someone decided to die by suicide via jumping.

Reactions: Stormy Raine and TheGoodGuy
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
I honestly think any way you do it will traumatize people: first responders, your family and friends, if there are bystanders, if you're taken to the hospital, and even people who hear or read about your death. It's just how it is unfortunately.

Reactions: figurehead and Mauve87
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
If other people get upset then it's the fault of this anti-suicide society where people are denied options of more peaceful ways to die. And anyway if people get upset then it isn't like it's the concern of the person who has ctb, as they simply won't exist anymore, instead they'll be at peace. We all have our right to die and I believe that people should be able to choose the jumping method if they want to, it's their decision.

Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
I think suicide is difficult to accept for a lot of people. I assume the way people cope with it would partially be the manner in which you left. Please try to find a time where less people will be around, you don't know their stores and their mental capacities to handle such a horrific site. I wish you the best but try to think of others!

P

Psi

Oct 2, 2023
I honestly think any way you do it will traumatize people: first responders, your family and friends, if there are bystanders, if you're taken to the hospital, and even people who hear or read about your death. It's just how it is unfortunately.
Thanks for your comment. Would it help folks if I left a suicide note with an apology?
I think suicide is difficult to accept for a lot of people. I assume the way people cope with it would partially be the manner in which you left. Please try to find a time where less people will be around, you don't know their stores and their mental capacities to handle such a horrific site. I wish you the best but try to think of others!
Thank you for your reply. It looks like I will have to switch the bridge again if I want to jump when there are only a few people around.
If other people get upset then it's the fault of this anti-suicide society where people are denied options of more peaceful ways to die. And anyway if people get upset then it isn't like it's the concern of the person who has ctb, as they simply won't exist anymore, instead they'll be at peace. We all have our right to die and I believe that people should be able to choose the jumping method if they want to, it's their decision.
Thank you for your comment. I care about these people to begin with because I feel like they don't deserve the trauma.

Last edited:
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
Thanks for your comment. Would it help folks if I left a suicide note with an apology?

Thank you for your reply. It looks like I will have to switch the bridge again if I want to jump when there are only a few people around.

Thank you for your comment. I care about these people to begin with because I feel like they don't deserve the trauma.
I think if leaving a note and apology would make you feel better, then yes. The decision is just as personal as deciding to die. Once we're gone, we don't have a voice anymore and everyone will have their own perception/opinion regarding the event and our lives in general, and it won't matter to us.

I

ifeelsobad

Experienced
Aug 23, 2022
As some members are aware, my method is jumping from a tall bridge. I wonder what it will do to other people who witness my attempt. Will they get traumatized? Personally, I wouldn't mind if someone decided to die by suicide via jumping.
How do you get over fear when you jump?

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Truly depends on whoever sees it. People aren't all the same. Just to be sure, you're in no danger of dropping onto someone, right? That's a bit much. This society does indeed push people into such means, but there might also be kids around and just because society as a whole can't empathise doesn't mean we should blatantly pay back in coin. Do what you feel is right. But you might also want to take your own situation into account, if you don't immediately get the nerve up to jump they might prevent you from doing so.

P

Psi

Oct 2, 2023
Truly depends on whoever sees it. People aren't all the same. Just to be sure, you're in no danger of dropping onto someone, right? That's a bit much. This society does indeed push people into such means, but there might also be kids around and just because society as a whole can't empathise doesn't mean we should blatantly pay back in coin. Do what you feel is right. But you might also want to take your own situation into account, if you don't immediately get the nerve up to jump they might prevent you from doing so.
Thanks for your reply. I will definitely be careful not to fall on anyone.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager