Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
If so, how long for it to work?

O

olearius

wannabe polymath
Jun 25, 2023
Well, what exactly do you mean "help" child abuse? Do you mean does it help with coping with being abused?

Meditation is one of many tools in a toolbox. All tools are needed to cope with depression, PTSD (like from being abused) and wanting to ctb.

Think of meditation like a knife sharpener. The knife (drugs, therapy, whatever your treatment is) will still cut but it's dull - takes longer to cut, could be better.

Meditation has an additive effect on all the other things you're doing. And it only works if you keep doing it. It won't suddenly make everything better. But it will always help if you're doing it and it can cause long term changes in how well you regulate your emotions and how you react to the world.

• Informative
Reactions: nightocean, OpalCheesecake and HighFlight
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Im assuming your question is whether meditation can help an abused child deal with the abuse.

Meditation is something that takes time to learn, but the practice itself can be helpful to calm the mind and body. However, to become proficient enough to take the abuse directly is something that will not happen quickly.

Meditation can be very powerful, but difficult to master to the degree you might be thinking.

Have you thought of martial arts, anything from karate to Tai Chi? I would think you'd need (want) a teacher to help guide you. (If you pursue college, many have various martial art clubs.) As far as timing, it's near impossible to say. You could see some general benefits immediately. The rest depends on too many factors to say. Sorry I can't be more specific.

• Love
Reactions: OpalCheesecake and olearius
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
I think it depends on the person. It is something that can help, but it's unlikely to lead to substantial change on its own.

Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
I'm not exactly sure. Everyone around tells me to pray 5 times a day and soon all of my problems will fade away. I've never known how that will help other than distracting me.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I'm not exactly sure. Everyone around tells me to pray 5 times a day and soon all of my problems will fade away. I've never known how that will help other than distracting me.
Do you live around Muslims? I should try following their prayer schedule but substitute it with meditation. I'd have a routine. I never remember to meditate

Gaga786

Gaga786

May 3, 2020
Do you live around Muslims? I should try following their prayer schedule but substitute it with meditation. I'd have a routine. I never remember to meditate
Yes. Islamic country

Gaga786

Gaga786

May 3, 2020
What's it like? Is it as portrayed by western media?
Well, the part I live in is westernised to an extent. Overall, it is quite poor. The people here are very illiterate(I don't blame them given how they are brought up) and a bit of a religious extremist type. If you have money, then you are set but if you don't then your life is quite deplorable. Although, some of the things are exaggerated by the western media. What they are true about is the poor areas and villages, but even that is changing thanks to TikTok and other westernisation tactics. Homosexuality and other things are punishable by death but rarely implemented. However, blasphemy is a huge issue. So many people have been murdered by these religious extremists mobs. Like recently they burned and desecrated churches over a blasphemy case. A family member was also murdered in a horrific way due to false allegations
I recently went to Saudi Arabia for pilgrimage and I was actually very terrified there due to what I've heard in the media, but it seemed normal for the most part
You can try their prayer too if you want. It might give you peace or something. Worth a try

Last edited:
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Well, the part I live in is westernised to an extent. Overall, it is quite poor. The people here are very illiterate(I don't blame them given how they are brought up) and a bit of a religious extremist type. If you have money, then you are set but if you don't then your life is quite deplorable. Although, some of the things are exaggerated by the western media. What they are true about is the poor areas and villages, but even that is changing thanks to TikTok and other westernisation tactics. Homosexuality and other things are punishable by death but rarely implemented. However, blasphemy is a huge issue. So many people have been murdered by these religious extremists mobs. Like recently they burned and desecrated churches over a blasphemy case. A family member was also murdered in a horrific way due to false allegations
I recently went to Saudi Arabia for pilgrimage and I was actually very terrified there due to what I've heard in the media, but it seemed normal for the most part

You can try their prayer too if you want. It might give you peace or something. Worth a try
Sounds rough. What's your view of the U.S.?

I can't do a prayer I don't believe in

Gaga786

Gaga786

May 3, 2020
Sounds rough. What's your view of the U.S.?

I can't do a prayer I don't believe in
Well, I actually really liked it since I as was a young child. I have always not felt like I belong here. I was exposed to a lot of the western media and felt immersed. It was a dream of mine to actually live there, so I also applied there for my university and had planned to attend in September, but I decided my mental health was deteriorating so decided to not go. I can definitely tell that it's struggling with the crime rate, school shootings, violence etc. Still seems like a cool place to me, and a part of me still wishes I was born there
Also, I apologise. My intention wasn't to say that, I didn't read your message properly, so I thought you wanted to try it but didn't know how to hence you were replacing it with meditation. I just got confused

Last edited:
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Well, I actually really liked it since I as was a young child. I have always not felt like I belong here. I was exposed to a lot of the western media and felt immersed. It was a dream of mine to actually live there, so I also applied there for my university and had planned to attend in September, but I decided my mental health was deteriorating so decided to not go. I can definitely tell that it's struggling with the crime rate, school shootings, violence etc. Still seems like a cool place to me, and a part of me still wishes I was born there
Also, I apologise. My intention wasn't to say that, I didn't read your message properly, so I thought you wanted to try it but didn't know how to hence you were replacing it with meditation. I just got confused
Liberals ruined the u.s. They could redeem themselves if they allowed euthanasia, something conservatives would never do.