• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Lifeless mindset

Lifeless mindset

See you on the other side
Oct 20, 2020
I want to use full suspension hanging as a plan B just incase I'm not able to get antiemtics for SN but I'm confused on what type of rope to get and what knot to use. I looked through the hanging megathread but didn't see anything about thickness of the rope or if I could still use a hangmans noose with full suspension and be successful. I don't care about struggling a before I die I just want to know if I were to tie a hangmans noose, put it around my neck, then kick away my support would I 100% die?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, patheticpartner, Hurt and 1 other person
D

Drimacus

Student
Jun 9, 2021
Slip knot slides better, so in theory you'll lose consciousness faster, than with hangman knot, which is mostly used for long drop hanging. But even with the hangman knot if your setup is good (strong rope, strong anchor) you'll die for sure with full suspension hanging. But I still don't understand why you want to use the hangman knot instead of the recommended slip knot.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, eureka8 and Lifeless mindset
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
The hangman knot is more stable but the slip knot runs more easily.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Hurt, silenced and 1 other person
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
As noted above, the slip knot slides better because it is less bulky. It is also easier to make one and requires less rope. I would not go beyond 12mm for thickness. You would die either way.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad and patheticpartner
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I understand why most prefer slipknot but I plan to use a hangman knot.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, patheticpartner, Someone123 and 1 other person
Lifeless mindset

Lifeless mindset

See you on the other side
Oct 20, 2020
As noted above, the slip knot slides better because it is less bulky. It is also easier to make one and requires less rope. I would not go beyond 12mm for thickness. You would die either way.
Much appreciated

• Hugs
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, patheticpartner and OnlyTheWind
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
I'm debating between this two. I don't know which one to use.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I understand why most prefer slipknot but I plan to use a hangman knot.
I understand this because at least one person said the slipknot kept falling apart. I wonder if a compromise might be better- what I mean is that a hangman's know generally has a minimum of 7 loops and a slipknot has one loop- would a hangman type of knot with three or four loops slide better than with 7 loops but also be more secure than with 1 loop? Is there an optimal number of loops as a compromise? Maybe the safest way to be sure is 7 loops, not sure.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, patheticpartner and death137
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I understand this because at least one person said the slipknot kept falling apart. I wonder if a compromise might be better- what I mean is that a hangman's know generally has a minimum of 7 loops and a slipknot has one loop- would a hangman type of knot with three or four loops slide better than with 7 loops but also be more secure than with 1 loop? Is there an optimal number of loops as a compromise? Maybe the safest way to be sure is 7 loops, not sure.
Mine is 8 loop and slide ok. I know for sure that the weight of my body will be enough to tighten it good around my neck. I say when you make the hangman don't make it very tight so it can slide good.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, lobster salad, patheticpartner and 1 other person