T

TJuk

Student
Feb 8, 2020
Hi
So I'm wondering does it really matter for those left behind what time of year you choose to die?

I've been trying to avoid birthdays, mother's Day, father's Day etc but wondering won't it hit them hard even if it's near no important dates?

So tired of trying to fight to get better, to get help, I've asked for several years, tried therapy and I'm fed up of trying to battle on for others whilst I'm left in torture with my physical and mental health. I just want the suffering to end and I know that will be by me ending my own suffering, this thing we call life.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Belaya Noch, budgie, Dead Meat and 4 others
I

iwanttodie000

Student
Feb 15, 2021
I have tried that too, but the thing is, there is always something going on to make you second guess yourself. I have tried to pick a date where nothing is going on, but the truth is, in the eyes of others, there is never a good time to ctb or a certain time of the year is better. It will never be a good time to others who don't understand unfortunately

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, Trannydiary and botanormal
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I should do it on Valentine's Day, but it's very far off.

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I don't think i'd be able to go through with it during the fall or winter times. I feel those seasons would suck the energy and nerve right out of me . Whenever I do CTB I'd love to do it in the very beginning of spring.

• Hugs
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
I like the idea of going on my birthday, nice round number n only one date to make those couple of people sad rather than two...
Taking great pains to avoid special days too, for they would likely curse my name should I encroach on any of theirs.
Funny really because they don't make an effort for my special days lol

• Hugs
Reactions: budgie, Dead Meat, Trannydiary and 2 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
It can depend - from person to person. In some cases, yes, the time of year can matter because some suicidal people want to mark some sort of occasion.. If "occasion" if the right word? In other cases, no, it probably does not matter - other individuals simply want to get it over with.

• Love
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
The reason I would (personally) avoid 'major dates' like birthdays, special holidays, etc, is because the anniversary of your death will fall onto the same day. So rather than being able to celebrate those special occasions, your loved ones might be thinking about their loss instead. I'm sure it will still hurt for them no matter what the date is, but at least if it's a more random date, then your family won't have to associate any special holidays with your death. Of course, if it causes you a lot of grief to avoid these dates, then it's important to put your own needs first. If you're going to ctb, it should (hopefully) be at a time where you feel more comfortable, and it's not always easy to avoid certain dates. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, budgie, Dead Meat and 4 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think there are some dates which hurt more than others.
For example, if you ctb on Christmas, those people will never be able to spend a Christmas without thinking about your death.

If possible, I would choose my own birthday because they will think about me that day whether I'm dead or not. Still, I believe it would give them some peace to have a day to remember me.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, Red, Trannydiary and 1 other person
T

TJuk

Student
Feb 8, 2020
I'm just trying to avoid any birthdays, any people's wedding anniversary and definitely Christmas, new year.

It's getting harder to keep alive so I'm really trying to stop myself from causing more harm to them I leave behind

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, Red, Trannydiary and 2 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
The next Feb 29th will be in 2024. So if you died on that day, every 4 years, people will remember your death, but I'm hoping since people have short memory spans of death that they'll forget it by the time the 4th year rolls around.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: iwanttodie000, Belaya Noch, budgie and 7 others
T

TJuk

Student
Feb 8, 2020
The next Feb 29th will be in 2024. So if you died on that day, every 4 years, people will remember your death, but I'm hoping since people have short memory spans of death that they'll forget it by the time the 4th year rolls around.
Unfortunately can't wait that long but yeah

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
Ooh I like that very much

inthemoonblue

inthemoonblue

Nov 26, 2020
I've also seriously thought about doing it on my birthday. I guess it'd make that day extra painful, but at least there would only be one day where people might have to think about me instead of two.

• Hugs
Reactions: Red and Dead Meat