remington203

remington203

too chicken to shoot myself so i'm hanging
Oct 18, 2020
ctb is delayed by three hours since i'm not home alone.

I want to fully overcome my SI(survival instinct) with partial hanging. I believe i have the mental will but I'd like to know if it would help for to handcuff my hands behind my back so I don't involuntarily remove myself from the rope?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Brokensaddle, sadworld, Ghost2211 and 2 others
MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Yes, it could work

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Brokensaddle, Ghost2211 and 3 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It might just make you panic.

Reactions: NeverSatisfied, ghostspace, Umbreon and 8 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
It will work but you'd really have a panick attack as Rosey said and your last moments will be the worst thing ever so, I'd avoid the handcuffs and just practice partial hanging over and over again until it feels more "comfortable" (there will always be suffering but getting used to it, helps)

Reactions: ghostspace, Metalhead, NegativeSymptoms and 3 others
remington203

remington203

Oct 18, 2020
do you think breathing exercises for calming would help?

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
do you think breathing exercises for calming would help?
Hard to say until it's in the moment. SI is a whole different thing than normal panic. Learning how to self regulate is always a good thing, and might help.

Reactions: NekoNomNom, MiseryLovesMyCompany and remington203
MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
SI is something that comes naturally. If you are really sure that you want to do it SI can still intervene. Also, it is good to be familiar with the whole process.
Personally, when I practiced and attempted partial the noose tightening around my neck and the feeling of going out was so calming and familiar always that I had little desire to stop the process. I wouldn't be here now if my consciousness hadn't returned while hanging, that was the only time when SI kicked in hard for me as I didn't know what was happening. I still have no clue how the hell that happened. I might be crazy but I like hanging, maybe because it runs in the family (lol).

Reactions: ghostspace, Metalhead, Ghost2211 and 2 others
lexcsa

lexcsa

Jun 14, 2020

I want to fully overcome my SI(survival instinct) with partial hanging. I believe i have the mental will but I'd like to know if it would help for to handcuff my hands behind my back so I don't involuntarily remove myself from the rope?
I feel like that will make your last moments very emotionally distressing

Reactions: ghostspace, Ghost2211 and remington203
remington203

remington203

Oct 18, 2020
SI is something that comes naturally. If you are really sure that you want to do it SI can still intervene. Also, it is good to be familiar with the whole process.
Personally, when I practiced and attempted partial the noose tightening around my neck and the feeling of going out was so calming and familiar always that I had little desire to stop the process. I wouldn't be here now if my consciousness hadn't returned while hanging, that was the only time when SI kicked in hard for me as I didn't know what was happening. I still have no clue how the hell that happened. I might be crazy but I like hanging, maybe because it runs in the family (lol).

thanks! i was wondering, how did your consciousness return during that time you were hanging?

MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
thanks! i was wondering, how did your consciousness return during that time you were hanging?
I am wondering about the same thing ever since and I am not able to figure it out. I have a few guesses, maybe because of the convulsions or after passing out the position of my body changed which let enough blood in my head, or that and my heart started beating so strong that the pressure was not enough anymore. I am honestly not sure which of it is more likely. I'd recommend full if possible.

Reactions: Metalhead and remington203
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I feel like that will make your last moments very emotionally distressing
she needs to feel the bliss of hanging, not be distressed

Reactions: remington203
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
when i attempted partial a few years ago it was actually my legs that caused me to fail. i leaned into the rope in a way that i was nearly laying down but i would wake up standing up bc my SI caused my legs to stand me up to relieve the pressure of the rope. as far as i am aware my arms were not the issue

Reactions: aneurysm and remington203
remington203

remington203

Oct 18, 2020
when i attempted partial a few years ago it was actually my legs that caused me to fail. i leaned into the rope in a way that i was nearly laying down but i would wake up standing up bc my SI caused my legs to stand me up to relieve the pressure of the rope. as far as i am aware my arms were not the issue
I was thinking about the legs too. Do you think it would work if I sat down and leaned my back against the wall in a position where i would be unable to stand up or free myself?

albino_elk

albino_elk

im infj with bpd=dysfunctional trash
Aug 25, 2020
Partial is such a risk for Your voice and success:v.. why people afraid of full hanging? It seems to me that full hanging is hard to fail , even if You wont lose Your consciousness You still gonna suffocate and die. Im full on full hanging, i will try full when i'm ready (in a week or so if everythings fails)

remington203

remington203

Oct 18, 2020
Partial is such a risk for Your voice and success:v.. why people afraid of full hanging? It seems to me that full hanging is hard to fail , even if You wont lose Your consciousness You still gonna suffocate and die. Im full on full hanging, i will try full when i'm ready (in a week or so if everythings fails)
I was considering full suspension but parents are home all the time, and i don't have the guts . any trees outside are in full view too

• Aww..
Reactions: albino_elk
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
It has been done before. David Foster Wallace was the guy who famously likened suicide to jumping out of a burning building and he was found handcuffed and hanging.

hopelessyearning

hopelessyearning

Jan 12, 2021

How about going for full body suspension? Lights would go out in 1 second!!

Best wishes :)