Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I'm a Lovecraftian monster 😢
I've watched YouTube autopsy videos and the fact they peel your face back over your head is creepy. I can't help but see people I'm interacting with now as what they are underneath the skin.

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, psp3000 and Rocinante
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
yes and no,

I think its cool that I may or may not have green or red bones due to my prior use of isotretinion/accutane

but the body parts or organs that I find the most disgusting or strange or weird are navals/belly buttons along with reproductive organs and breasts

the one thing I find most interesting is veins or either the skulls people who have been trepanned before or people who have hardware inside of their bodies (screws and what not)

• Informative
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy and HoleintheDark
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
yes and no,

I think its cool that I may or may not have green or red bones due to my prior use of isotretinion/accutane

but the body parts or organs that I find the most disgusting or strange or weird are navals/belly buttons along with reproductive organs and breasts

the one thing I find most interesting is veins or either the skulls people who have been trepanned before or people who have hardware inside of their bodies (screws and what not)
Different colored bones?

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Different colored bones?
yes and there are also other medications and/or antibiotics that can change the color of your bones

although some are still researching and debating whether or not isotretinoin/accutane can as well
but I feel like it may be possible or likely since with that medication bone loss (density/breaking easily and longer healing) could be a side effect

G

glendaaa

Student
Jul 11, 2023
It's disturbing if you think about it too much

Reactions: Ambivalent1
HoleintheDark

HoleintheDark

Writhing with the worms
Jul 12, 2023
I remember since about middle school I've been hyper-aware of everything happening inside me, every single little system, the way my organs shift around as I move. Back then, I wished somehow I could be made of just one material, like clay or something. That way, I wouldn't have to feel so gross.

Oh this is absolutely terrifying, thank you for the info. I hate medicine so much for reasons like this. I don't even know what other permanent stuff would happen if I took it.

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I remember since about middle school I've been hyper-aware of everything happening inside me, every single little system, the way my organs shift around as I move. Back then, I wished somehow I could be made of just one material, like clay or something. That way, I wouldn't have to feel so gross.

Oh this is absolutely terrifying, thank you for the info. I hate medicine so much for reasons like this. I don't even know what other permanent stuff would happen if I took it.
**disclaimer: I am not sure if this is true or not since it is still being debated or researched

I would also like to ask why that is terrifying to you if you don't mind me asking I am curious since it is something you cannot see

loverula

loverula

lainpilled ❀
Aug 14, 2023
tbh, whenever i think of my insides i see all black/empty space outlining my organs like the diagrams they showed in elementary school.

• Yay!
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I like skeletons but I'm squemish about all the other stuff.

Reactions: psp3000 and Ambivalent1
HoleintheDark

HoleintheDark

Writhing with the worms
Jul 12, 2023
**disclaimer: I am not sure if this is true or not since it is still being debated or researched

I would also like to ask why that is terrifying to you if you don't mind me asking I am curious since it is something you cannot see

I just hate that almost everything that happens to your body is basically irreversible, even if it doesn't seem that way (bruises and cuts go away after a few days, but some medicines have permanent effects that only become visible years later).

There's literally no reason my bones should be any color other than white. A change of color could likely mean that the chemical composition is different, which could lead to any sort of consequences that I don't even know about.

In theory, knowing more about biology would make me less terrified of this sort of thing. But the thing with science is that there's so much undiscovered stuff, trying to do any research would just leave me with more questions.

• Informative
Reactions: psp3000
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I think that blood is very interesting from a chemistry or biological perspective; it can be disgusting when you have to actually clean it up though. As for others things like organs: they can make you frightened, because they remind you of your fragile and limited lifespan, and they can also suffer from many different health issues - some very serious.

Now what would be really awesome and not so "creepy" is if I had a mechanical endoskeleton underneath my skin - like a T-800.