L

LifeAfterDeath00

Oct 11, 2019
I can't deal with this uncertainty of thoughts, my constant anxiety which keeps returning, and more so of my impulsive desire to kill myself

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Starflow11, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
suicidebabyseal

suicidebabyseal

Nothingness just lasts a second
Jun 5, 2020
I don't believe it gets better. There are times where I feel better and times where I feel totally wrong. But it does not seem to get better. Just to feel different from time to time. I don't know why but I would prefer to die while I'm feeling better becaue I want to die feeling happy.

• Hugs
Reactions: charlottewilts, Starflow11, Theresa Riot and 6 others
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I wish I could help with your thoughts and feelings of anxiety and suicidal thoughts. I can't even stop my own unfortunately. But I read a lot. That seems to help in the worse moments. It could probably be considered an unhealthy amount of reading Haha but, ironically, while I used to self harm, I take some pride in the fact it's been 14 years since I've hurt myself intentionally to ctb through cutting. As weird as that may sound. I still have good days and what not, but I know eventually I'll board the bus. Until then, I just fake it till I make it. I play piano, volunteer, go to work, go to school and read. Take whatever pleasures you have in life and run with them. ♡

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Starflow11, not-2-b-the-answer and Toptock
T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
Unfortunately life is no movie. We hope for that flash of inspiration that drives so many people we adore or admire, or even pray for a glimmer of hope in what seems to be an endless black starless night.

Its critical that you understand this doesnt happen. It can in small beats, but never full. Much like others have said you gotta find something, anything, that grounds you. If it provides some form of clarity use it to plot your next step. Regardless of what that step is, it's yours, and no one can take that.

Uncertainty is the kryptonite to logic, focus on the things that you are certain of, the immovable facts. You exist, you are wherever you are. Whatever happens next, can happen next

Reactions: mx5nb3, BitterlyAlive, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
Sadly, we will never know if it actually will get better or not. Shits can happen in the middle of the way, but most people never consider that.

Reactions: _Minsk and not-2-b-the-answer
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
Of course it can get better. People have ups and downs, good days, bad days, good years, bad years.

It's always a possibility.

I went through a rough time at age 17, but 90% of my twenties I was loving it.

In my thirties, seven years in, I've concluded that I'm having a strange decade.

It absolutely can. Whether it will or not is determined by several factors. I admire those who hold onto hope, though unfortunately I'm not one of them.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Starflow11 and not-2-b-the-answer
D

Dnz4ever

Apr 18, 2020
my feelings are its somewhat alike to a bad knee.

you might get treatment and it might feel better....or it might not.

But there will always be days it hurts more than others. you just learn to walk with it.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I think for some it can get better. For many of us it never will. No matter how many platitudes are thrown at us. If you are poor it is almost impossible.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk and AnxietyAttack44
I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
It would depend on the person (situation, illness). If you feel you can get better. I'd stick to keeping things simple, but that make you happy. Whatever that may be. Not that social worker bullshit ( where they tell you to keep busy for no reason).

Reactions: _Minsk and not-2-b-the-answer
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Unfortunately life is no movie. We hope for that flash of inspiration that drives so many people we adore or admire, or even pray for a glimmer of hope in what seems to be an endless black starless night.

Its critical that you understand this doesnt happen. It can in small beats, but never full. Much like others have said you gotta find something, anything, that grounds you. If it provides some form of clarity use it to plot your next step. Regardless of what that step is, it's yours, and no one can take that.

Uncertainty is the kryptonite to logic, focus on the things that you are certain of, the immovable facts. You exist, you are wherever you are. Whatever happens next, can happen next
Wonderful advice. I find this post to be very grounding, personally.

Reactions: _Minsk
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
It wont get better for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer