killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
If I have very high SI / fear of death does that mean I'm not ready yet? I hope that as my life gets worse / unbearable SI would diminish and I will know it's time... but I'm scared SI will never diminish no matter how much suffering I'm in. I sometimes get periods where my SI drops a lot and I feel that if I had a button to ctb I would press it immediately but the fact that I can't ctb that fast makes the SI increase.

Reactions: happylilsht, it's_all_a_game and TooMuchToBear
inthemoonblue

inthemoonblue

Nov 26, 2020
People are always going to have at least a little SI. If it's really high though, then yeah, I would assume someone isn't ready. I mean, if you think the SI before you ctb is high, imagine the absolute panic you'd feel after you took the plunge (whatever your method may be). Not to mention how awful it would be to feel regret in your last moments. I'm personally waiting until I know I'll have no regrets.

• Hugs
Reactions: happylilsht, Keto, booray and 2 others
sorella santini

sorella santini

Jan 19, 2021
Perhaps you have not reached that critical point yet. I imagine needing to be completely apathetic to have zero SI.

Reactions: killedbypsychiatry
RoyalSapphire

RoyalSapphire

Aug 11, 2020
SI has been around since we were cavemen, i think everyone has it, some people high, others low

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
In my personal opinion, yes. We all have mechanisms in place to keep us alive, but when people commit suicide, their desire to die is stronger than their fear of death. It's strong enough that they're able to temporarily override those survival mechanisms entirely and end it.

If the ratio is flipped and you're constantly more afraid of dying than you are of continuing to live, then I'd say yes, you're not ready. We're wired to survive, but if the "wiring" can't be overwritten long enough for you to be able to ctb, then I believe that that's a sign you shouldn't force yourself.

There's zero shame in not being ready; the option to ctb will always be there for you later on down the line

Please don't pressure yourself to do anything hastily :hug: :heart:

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, It'sNotLookingGood, killedbypsychiatry and 1 other person
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
If you have to ask yourself if you're not ready yet, there's a very good chance you're not ready yet. Nothing about this is a competition. Listen to yourself.

Reactions: ncmxm, at-sea, muffin222 and 3 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Unfortunately, you can only ever be "ready" when their background agony surpasses their fear of dying. You'll know it if that time comes.

Reactions: ncmxm and killedbypsychiatry
Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
I think it's a matter of personality. Some people have a higher SI than others.