MildlyBetter

MildlyBetter

🙂
Apr 17, 2023
As I've made more concrete plans to ctb I've felt more and more "relief" I guess you could call it, which honestly has caused less of a encroaching need to ctb as I used to, if anything I feel more free. Funny that actually planning this out has done more help in suicide prevention for me than therapy, just wondering if anyone else felt something similar.

Reactions: CasTheFriendlyGhost, Neptunette, liffey and 6 others
Riu

Riu

Clueless
Apr 5, 2023
Yeah, when I started looking into methods, I felt a lot more calm knowing that I could CTB if I needed. It's like reassurance for me and it doesn't feel like I'm trapped anymore.

Reactions: kittwho, imlookingforward, endless_pain and 3 others
MildlyBetter

MildlyBetter

🙂
Apr 17, 2023
Yeah, when I started looking into methods, I felt a lot more calm knowing that I could CTB if I needed. It's like reassurance for me and it doesn't feel like I'm trapped anymore.
Exactly how I feel, knowing that there is a way out has lifted so much off my shoulders.

Reactions: imlookingforward, Roseate and betternever2havbeen
qwerty1969

qwerty1969

Feb 24, 2023
For me it's' comforting to think that it may all be over soon but it's a temporary sort of comfort if you don't keep feeding the notion.

• Love
Reactions: redbathingduck and MildlyBetter
soolka

soolka

ʚ♡ɞ killing me softly ʚ♡ɞ
Apr 13, 2023
Yesss, knowing I can ctb any time I want makes me feel at peace sometimes.

Last edited:
SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023
As I've made more concrete plans to ctb I've felt more and more "relief" I guess you could call it, which honestly has caused less of a encroaching need to ctb as I used to, if anything I feel more free. Funny that actually planning this out has done more help in suicide prevention for me than therapy, just wondering if anyone else felt something similar.
It's cause u feel u have a way out and it's something u want, making u in control. I feel like this quite often tho

• Love
Reactions: MildlyBetter
E

endless_pain

Student
Apr 16, 2023
I can relate too, you feel more in control, less trapped. Like you would do things too before ctb possibility.

Solek

Solek

Apr 14, 2023
Something similar to how people who put a gun in their mouth or head feel like but never pull the trigger.

Reactions: nosoul
stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
I feel safer.

Reactions: qwerty1969
N

NambaSutra

Student
Mar 25, 2023
Not really. I've set a "deadline" for myself and then chickened out so many times. Now I'm worried I never will. Meanwhile I sleep like shit, my brain is in a continuous depression and I have no way out.

• Aww..
Reactions: Unknown21, stermc, qwerty1969 and 1 other person
S

sweetandsanctioned

Mar 20, 2023
Great question!! I guess it kinda does now that I think about it. It gives me some form of comfort to know I have something I can do if things get really bad and that I can temporarily put it off until then. It gives you some sense of control back even if really, you don't have any control. It also provides you with some level of relief and even contentness. Sometimes I think it's actually been the reason I've managed to stay alive aslong as I have and that it has actually helped me but at the same time, it still sucks to feel that way and the reality of actually acting upon it and the pain it would cause would suck too. But atleast there's a way out, even if it's hard. Atleast we don't have to be here and endure whatever we are trying to endure.

A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
Having measures in place, is very reassuring.

I've settled on a method and it will always be there, when the time comes. I don't have a particular timeline, but I'm a realist. I know things will never get better.

N

nosoul

Arcanist
Apr 1, 2023
Mixed feelings, I'm preparing my materials, but for me I want the insomnia and the anguish knowing I'm wasting away to end, I'm half dead, but I'm afraid of failing also

NoLoveNoHope

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
I felt more secure, I haven't gotten any method available at hand but I think it'd be a massive relief knowing I can just make a quick exit if I need.

FullCircle

FullCircle

Nov 20, 2018
Yes. I can go at any time if I can't take it anymore.

L

Leisesyn

Mar 31, 2023
After knowing that there is a way out, it may feel calming. I was too felt that way. However, I know for the fact that these are just methods and are just part of the plan to exit. I soon developed a peaceful plan to exit and then chooses which method would fit the best. This made me feel like "I dont care anymore" and if I feel giving up again, I could just execute my plan and be done.

color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
This is definitely a recurring theme here on SS.
It is settling to know you have a good method, and have studied the method carefully, to avert failures.
It is even better when you have the equipment and/or meds necessary to accomplish your method.
Being in full control of your destiny provides a calming effect that is hard to describe.
It makes putting up with all the bullshit that the world sends your way, a little easier.
Knowing you have an escape hatch available to you that you can use anytime, if needed.
Many people then just sit on their method and equipment, and give the world another chance.

Reactions: Unsure and alone and Unknown21
F

fxxhan175

Jan 7, 2024
I feel this - I literally have started procrastinating my own death now because I know it's gonna happen anyway. The nights I go to bed and think "One last day and then I'm gone!" are the nights I sleep the best.