• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

DeIetedUser4739

Apr 21, 2024
Even though I'm not from America are my posts protected by freedom of speech or could you face consequences for hate speech or some bullshit (idk what they'd classify talking about suicide as).

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Depends on how your local government handles it. In America, talking about suicide is a freely open topic and is not considered hate speech. However, there have been numerous instances of foreign countries punishing people for posting things on American sites as the concept of "freedom of speech" does not exist in that country (or the government is super corrupt).

DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer and if you are looking for real, actual legal advice you should consult an attorney from your country.

• Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
That is a complex question and only a lawyer can really answer this question.

Imo if saying certain things in your home country is a "crime" and you reside in your home country, then local law may apply and you can be sued for that according to your local law and where you did the "crime".

I'm not a lawyer. This is not an advice!

Reactions: Forveleth
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Honestly, I don't know what it looks like from a legal perspective.

But there were some countries that banned/restricted access to this site.
At this point, I think this applies to Australia and Italy.
People from these countries must use a VPN, for example.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Forveleth
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Even in America, free speech does not always protect all types of speech online. For better or worse, the government can and has shut down avenues of speech they deemed too dangerous whether because it caused panic-borne riots or because it was overtly hateful or something like that.

For many private platforms like SS they have the right to ban people for what they say even if normally it would be protected under free speech.

Reactions: Forveleth, ColorlessTrees and Praestat_Mori
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Are you talking specifically about SaSu? Who says this site is hosted in the US? I haven't checked, tbh, but how do you know? It may very well be. I just don't know.