M

medusa

Student
Sep 1, 2018
Strange issue, but the world is probably going to be pretty bad for our kids and grandkids because of this.

Reactions: FadedMemory and NoDream
Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
It's part of the bigger picture but not something I really thought about. My decision is based on how horrible my life is and has been.

Reactions: FadedMemory, betteroffdead, your pathologist and 3 others
ikuchan

ikuchan

ying
Aug 28, 2018
no

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Jon86
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
Yes, a small part of why I want to CTB.

Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
Hmmm... I had not thought of that before, but it is a good issue. When I was in high school (I graduated in 1984), I rather looked forward to a nuclear war that would cause the extinction of the human race, and even wrote a short story about how a (decidedly autobiographical) young woman would deal with the end of humanity, a fatal case of radiation sickness etc.

Reactions: Temporarilyabsurd and akosineenee
M

medusa

Student
Sep 1, 2018
Hmmm... I had not thought of that before, but it is a good issue. When I was in high school (I graduated in 1984), I rather looked forward to a nuclear war that would cause the extinction of the human race, and even wrote a short story about how a (decidedly autobiographical) young woman would deal with the end of humanity, a fatal case of radiation sickness etc.

well, it's 2018 and the war still hasn't happened. :D
Oh, I am so jealous of you, if I were your age all my problems would be over and I could ctb in peace.
I finished high school in 2010

Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
No I haven't even thought about it

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
I wanna ctb because I don't like life overall, but the climate change is some scary shit indeed.
I've got no intention of being here when it gets really bad - famine, water shortage, all the emigrants, unbearable heat, probably a war and so on. Just NOPE, I'm outta here before that happens.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Tiburcio
NoDream

NoDream

Student
Mar 27, 2018
Yes, its a big part. I love trees and animals much more than humans and to see the natural world suffer and die is very painfull. Here in Sweden we have no old forrests left, everything is clear cut and the weather is getting hotter, the groundwater sinks rapidly and the insects are almost completely gone.

The sea is full of big dead zones, the fish floats dead in many lakes and where are the badgers and the hedgehogs?

Climate change and the pollution are going to kill us all, not only the other animals.
Look at pictures from Syria, thats a climate change war, thats our future.

Reactions: Smilla, Bilbobaggins and anna
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Yes, its a big part. I love trees and animals much more than humans and to see the natural world suffer and die is very painfull. Here in Sweden we have no old forrests left, everything is clear cut and the weather is getting hotter, the groundwater sinks rapidly and the insects are almost completely gone.

The sea is full of big dead zones, the fish floats dead in many lakes and where are the badgers and the hedgehogs?

Climate change and the pollution are going to kill us all, not only the other animals.
Look at pictures from Syria, thats a climate change war, thats our future.

we need to look at the cold reality-climate change is going to drive most species to extinction and also most humans too.
It makes my heart bleed.

Reactions: NoDream
M

Morning Angel

Useless Broken Wings
Aug 8, 2018
What an interesting question. No though.

FadedMemory

FadedMemory

Student
Aug 5, 2018
Not really, though I feel sorry for the generation that will feel the worst consenquences.
I know this is sort of off topic, but has anyone else been feeling really low on energy in past few years, especially when it's sunny? I know depression drains energy but out of six years dealing with this, I spent the last three feeling significantly worse especially in sunny weather, especially in summer.
Idk if it's because of detoriating planet or not...
Though most likely it's just a symptom of worsening depression.

Last edited:
I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
I am hoping that the end of the world will come soon and spare me from having to kill myself. Things are so bad in the world that war is going to erupt sooner or later. I live in NYC and I was so depressed and tired of my life even back then when I was a young teenager that I didn't care if the whole city was bombed to hell and I was one of the casualties. I know it sounds twisted, but I really didn't care. I would love to see nuclear war break out where a shitload of people are dying which is what humanity deserves and just hope that I am next.

Reactions: NoDream and Maravillosa
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
I am hoping that the end of the world will come soon and spare me from having to kill myself. Things are so bad in the world that war is going to erupt sooner or later. I live in NYC and I was so depressed and tired of my life even back then when I was a young teenager that I didn't care if the whole city was bombed to hell and I was one of the casualties. I know it sounds twisted, but I really didn't care. I would love to see nuclear war break out where a shitload of people are dying which is what humanity deserves and just hope that I am next.
Sorry to burst your bubble but then you will have to wait a really, really long time

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG