Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Sometimes I'm smiled at by some real attractive ones. I just don't know how to pull it off. Cashiers are easy to ask out if you see them around often enough.

eguiö

eguiö

Dec 16, 2021
Dont ask out cashiers, they are paid to be friendly to you

• Yay!
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, YourNeighbor, DynamicDepression and 2 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Dont ask out cashiers, they are paid to be friendly to you
You just need to be able to read the difference between normal courtesy and getting interested in going out with you. I went out with a cashier for a while, and we just chatted as we could in the line and got to know each other, especially when people weren't in line behind me. Thta said, most of the time this is not a good situation to get to know someone because they need to keep the line moving.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Cashiers are tough. They are supposed to be friendly to everyone. And it's hard to get a real sense of they like you or not from such a short interaction. If you ask and it's a no, now it's going to be awkward to go to that store in the future.

You could try something like "hey, do you play (pick some popular video game)? I swear I saw someone with a screenname that's your name and our town." If yes, great, if not, then you broke the ice and can ask if they would like to get a coffee sometime.

Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
As someone who worked retail for years most of the time employees don't want that kind of interaction on the clock. It's awkward and inappropriate. A compliment is nice, sure, but they're not there for romance.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Al Cappella, WhiteRabbit and 2 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Sure it does. Everything I know I learned from this video.

• Yay!
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, eguiö, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 1 other person
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
In my country they had shops which had "single" baskets. So if you were single and looking to meet new people you could take a basket that said "single" and was colored differently.

I think that was a brilliant idea. The 99% of people who wanted to be left alone, could just continue use the normal basket, but in case someone wanted to meet new people or maybe even a date, they could just pick the single basket and look for other people with similar baskets.

They also had, many years ago, a "slow cash register line" shops (normal shops with one of the lines turned into a slow one).

You might think "Who wants a slow cash register line?". Well, old people (or really lonely people). They had nice comfy chairs there even. The idea was that if someone wanted to talk with a cashier for hours, they could enter that slow line, sit on a nice chair waiting for their turn, and then talk to the cashier without worrying about being a nuisance to anyone.

A really good idea. They should still have them. I think I might like to try one too. There was once a really chatty cashier who liked dogs and I'd have loved to talk more with them. But because it was a normal cash line, the chats went like:

"You have a dog?`"
"...Huh? Did you say something?"
"Do you have a dog?"
"Sorry I didn't hear, it's so loud in here"
"DO YOU HAVE A DOG?!"
"Yeah, I have a dog. Well, gotta go, bye!"

Reactions: ColorlessTrees and Foresight
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
They also had, many years ago, a "slow cash register line" shops (normal shops with one of the lines turned into a slow one).

You might think "Who wants a slow cash register line?". Well, old people (or really lonely people). They had nice comfy chairs there even. The idea was that if someone wanted to talk with a cashier for hours, they could enter that slow line, sit on a nice chair waiting for their turn, and then talk to the cashier without worrying about being a nuisance to anyone.
This I love. We should still have this.

Reactions: Manaaja