throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
If I had never looked how I look now people would've treated me differently. People treat me bad because of my looks. If you are good looking people will treat you well even if you lack social abilities. They'll say she/he is has special charm etc.... but if you're ugly and lack social skills they'll suspect you to be the next mass murdering shooter. Aren't they grooming us into just that? If they only see what they want to see and society pressures you and abondons you you'll become alone, full of hatred and anger. Your perception of society changes(and so do you), you start to realize how shallow everything is and eventually end up here. As you know Ignorance follows arrogance and good looking people always have that attitude to ignore all bad things. They only want to see the beautiful things in the world not the ugly nasty stuff.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, suffering and 1 other person
ericwilkinson

ericwilkinson

Jun 25, 2019
Yes, it's self reinforcing, the halo effect.

Obviously there has to be a reason why people find certain apperances/clothing styles with certain personalities otherwise, why would anyone care if being beautiful didn't signify anything?

Being beauitful often means being more wealthy, nicer, smarter etc..

When I was in a hospital, two nurses came to me every day. The attractive nurse always smiled at me (I know she was just doing her job) and the unattractive one seemed unhappier.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and littlelady774
cryptic_cynic

cryptic_cynic

Degenerate
Jul 8, 2019
Being beauitful often means being more wealthy, nicer, smarter etc..

It's not that being attractive tends to go with those things, it's the perception people have that that is the case. Supposedly it's an evolutionary thing. People tend to favor physically attractive people because they have the perception that those people have good genes that would produce healthy offspring.

Obviously, that's not necessarily true. It's just another example of ridiculous human behavior that makes life shit, like herd mentality and being easily manipulated by fear, just to name a few.

J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
I don't think so necessarily. Does it make things harder? Probably, and that sucks and it's bullshit that society is that way. But I don't think it determines it.

My best friend is a really big guy, is unfortunate that he has bad metabolism because he really doesn't eat that unhealthy and is active. He has incredibly horrible acne, and has orange hair. But he's a really happy dude. He worked hard at his career, never really got attention from women but found one that loves him at one of the places he worked, and they just had a kid. He doesn't have a life of women fawning over him or anything like that, but he has a life he's happy with.

So yeah, I don't disagree that being beautiful makes things easier. But I don't think looks alone have to determine anything.

shelledone

shelledone

Aug 4, 2019
I think from an early age, when I looked normal enough, I was fearful and not "in tune" with the world. My increasingly unattractive appearance fed my negativity but did not start it. My depression is inherent, and I have no idea why I turned out that way.

I should also say that my mom and brother share some of my more "unattractive" traits, and they seemed to not let them down. I know my brother might have been upset a little, but he's very successful. Neither of them hid and are well-adjusted as far as I can tell, unlike me. Since my brother and I shared the same kind of upbringing, it's truly a mystery why he turned out so well. I think he might have been encouraged intellectually especially in computers and coding, got special attention. While I got good grades and was in advanced classes, I didn't have any kind of role model and was left to my own devices, which wasn't good.

Last edited:
Bagger

Bagger

Stressful
Jun 18, 2019
I always looked off, this was the cause of bullying and abuse most of my school (any). I was mentaly normal then. After such unwanted "therapy" i'm still a mess 15 years later. So yeah, my apperance contribute as cause to something else that maked me depressed anxious and scared shit that i am today.

K

Kingkelly

Mage
Dec 3, 2018
I want to CTN because I ruined my face with plastic surgery I die not need now I look horrible and people treat me bad.

• Hugs
Reactions: Baskol1
Nice

Nice

Jun 11, 2019
I always looked off, this was the cause of bullying and abuse most of my school (any). I was mentaly normal then. After such unwanted "therapy" i'm still a mess 15 years later. So yeah, my apperance contribute as cause to something else that maked me depressed anxious and scared shit that i am today.
How old are you now?

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Im only 19, soon 20, but dont want to live not much longer anymore, becuse it would be pointless.
Most people think i look not that bad, but good look doesnt guarantee anything.

Last edited:
E

epsilon

Aug 16, 2019
Oh yeah, sure it does. It I were born good looking maybe i don't have to die now.

T

transgenderfailure

Subhuman Creature
Apr 30, 2018
If we look on a personal level; I feel like it depends on how much you as an individual value being attractive. There are people who are 'ugly' who don't let their personality be determined by the way they look. There are 'ugly' people, who are very successful and charismatic still. I have an example but if I would say it then it's like calling someone ugly and I am not here for that.

But if we look at society as a whole, knowing how attractiveness is celebrated and ugliness is not, I think it's fair to say that more often than not people let their appearance get to them which in turn may determine some personality traits.