IcarusUnderSun

IcarusUnderSun

The wax is melting.
Nov 1, 2023
I'm currently thinking about which CTB method I want to do, and as the title implies, am considering the aesthetic of the attempt. Due to various reasons, vanity, an artistic background, less likelyhood of deeply traumatizing someone than a messy method, and so on. Does anyone else paint/draw or daydream about the visuals of your planned CTB or do you just want it done and over with?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Waverly, TheGoodGuy, sserafim and 2 others
zeek

zeek

omg mokocchi
Oct 18, 2023
dont ctb if ur gonna do it in such a corny way pls just
DONT romanticise suicide

• Yay!
Reactions: anonymous pancake, Foreverix, EvisceratedJester and 1 other person
P

PanaxMan

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I'm currently thinking about which CTB method I want to do, and as the title implies, am considering the aesthetic of the attempt. Due to various reasons, vanity, an artistic background, less likelyhood of deeply traumatizing someone than a messy method, and so on. Does anyone else paint/draw or daydream about the visuals of your planned CTB or do you just want it done and over with?
Legit use exitbag. No one will be shocked. You won't have blood everywhere. You will just have a lifeless body (or pile of flesh) sitting. You may even have a smile on your fact. That's all

Reactions: sserafim
S

SuicidalAngel

Nov 1, 2023
Just want it over and done with. I do think about it a lot but I don't paint it or anything as I don't want to romanticise it. I feel drawing or painting it would also draw unwanted attention to me and possible attempts to either stop me or hospitalise me which I don't want.

SanguineShark

SanguineShark

I am the monster you created
Jun 23, 2023
I actually drew myself dead once. It was me just laying down on the ground, dead.

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
I'm only aware of a single instance in which death was not grotesque.
It's that of Evelyn McHale in 1947.
She jumped from the building adjacent to the statue of liberty. Her last wish was that nobody should see her body.
Photographic technology of the era produced one of history's most iconic images. Screenshot 20231102 030715

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Yeah, ideally I'd want to die beautifully and aesthetically. I want it to be aesthetically pleasing and I want to look beautiful in death. However, it's probably not practical though because I feel like I'm being pushed to the edge and I just want it done and over with soon. The method that's most likely for me is jumping and I'm not sure how I'd look after that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Waverly, LonelyStarrySky and TheGoodGuy
glitterypearls

glitterypearls

sing me to sleep
Mar 23, 2023
death shouldn't be ugly, but it's hard to know how your attempt would go because death is hard and is never easy, I wish I could lay in my bed, cozy under my blanket and die this way but thats deff not easy to do.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
death shouldn't be ugly, but it's hard to know how your attempt would go because death is hard and is never easy, I wish I could lay in my bed, cozy under my blanket and die this way but thats deff not easy to do.
Same, I wish I could just die in my sleep. I hate that even dying is hard in this world.

• Love
Reactions: carin129
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I don't care how mine looks. I'll be too dead to even care.

• Yay!
Reactions: RollingKinematics
IcarusUnderSun

IcarusUnderSun

The wax is melting.
Nov 1, 2023
dont ctb if ur gonna do it in such a corny way pls just
DONT romanticise suicide
Lol, I've already tried to ctb several times, throughout the years and every time it's ended with screaming and crying, bloodshot eyes, sweat, and enough vomit to fill an ocean.

Don't worry I'm not like a delusional high-school girl obsessed with 13 reasons why or whatever. I just wish I could look nice after I die. As I said, part of it is just vanity after all.
Yeah, I wish I could just go to sleep feeling warm and happy, and have that my last memory, no pain, no mania, just falling asleep. It's kinda why my ideal death would be falling asleep in a bathtub, I've always felt so peaceful while floating in water.

Last edited:
iDontKnowWhat

iDontKnowWhat

Oct 12, 2023
I'm going to prepare my suicide this way: I'm going to tidy my room perfectly, put on a soft lavender scent. Then I go to the bathtub, wearing nice clothes, take my medicine (phenobarbital and morphine with alcohol) and, unconscious, drown without pain.

• Love
Reactions: carin129, IcarusUnderSun and sserafim
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
I feel so similarly to you. I don't want to traumatize anyone with my death, and I also like the idea of a romantic/aesthetic way to go.

That's why ideally I'd like to just walk into the ocean like they do in the movies, but unfortunately it's not that simple

• Love
Reactions: IcarusUnderSun and sserafim
LonelyStarrySky

LonelyStarrySky

they/them, menhera
Oct 27, 2023
As a more artistic individual and I have had creativity in the ways I wanted to end my own life, before I used to wish to cut my wrists or throat to die and perpahs drown in my own blood or die from blood loss. It would depict the suffering I have felt in this life and how it affected me and why I wanted to die in such a grotesque way to have a bodily manifestation of the mental pain I have felt so that it is visible to the world that has caused it to me.

However that is hard to pull of effectively and I am afraid of somehow surviving and don't know the consequences of failure and have since wanted to get it over effecitvely so that there is less chance of me surviving, I would still like it to be somewhat in line with more "classic" methods like hanging or jumping off a building that would destroy the body externally.

As I see it suicide can also be a sign of protest and make a statement and has certainly been used like that historically to inspire social change, an example I can think of is if you despise technology you could die of an electric shock or other means where technology is the key component to your suicide. I see this as making a sort of statement to what has brought you severe pain in life and why you yourself chose to leave this world.

Although not many people would wish this kind of death, as it would be rather painfull and it is understandable which is why many seek out peacefull methods that end their lives as painlessly as possible which is respectable in its own right. Death isn't always beautiful in the eyes of everyone who suffer and is simply a means to chose their own destiny and relief and it doesn't have to be a statement or a work of art.

I would just like to point out that even the means of your method of choice can be a statement to what you used to believe and what you stood for.

• Love
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
Wouldn't it be nice to be found dead looking like Cinderella? Alabaster skin, serene face, and smelling of rose petals? It would be nice.

But the reality is cyanotic skin, weird milky eyes, bloat, smells, urine, feces, etc. I prefer to leave fairy tale fantasies and daydreams at the door when it comes to death. There is no shame in death being ugly; everything rots eventually.

If death has any sort of aesthetic value, it is mostly lost on both the living and the dead.

Last edited:
  • Love
R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
I just don't see how corpse can look aesthetically pleasing. Death is never pretty. People can't help feeling negative emotions when they see a dead body. I don't think they will even notice that the corpse is nice-looking. It won't be on their mind. And what about the smell? Decomposition starts straightway. No fragrance can completely mask it. Have you smelt this smell of decomposition and flowers in the church? Really disguisting.

• Love
Reactions: IcarusUnderSun