• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
For insomnia I have been prescribed trazadone.

Does anyone have experience with this antidepressant? What worries me the most is that my libido drops, sexual side effects in general worry me.

• Hugs
Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies and Ghost2211
voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
Not sure about long term but i've taken it for a few nights and it makes sleep really deep.

Reactions: Eren
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
Not sure about long term but i've taken it for a few nights and it makes sleep really deep.

What I am afraid of is the long term side effects.

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
Have you tried melatonin? It's way better than the drug you're referencing and you can get it without a prescription if in USA or Canada. 2mg or 5mg is usually enough but it's sold in greater quantities.

Reactions: Ghost2211 and Eren
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
Have you tried melatonin? It's way better than the drug you're referencing and you can get it without a prescription if in USA or Canada. 2mg or 5mg is usually enough but it's sold in greater quantities.

I've tried melatonin, I've tried a lot of benzos etc ... and it doesn't help.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
Hopefully it works better for you than it did for me. It definitely helped me go to sleep after taking it, but I would always wake up 5-6 hours later and not be able to go back to sleep. Then I would be groggy when I actually needed to be awake and could barely function.

I also had a scary incident once after waking up where I blacked out for a second. I was on the phone with someone and I was standing up, but then I heard the phone hit the floor and realized I was sitting on the floor next to it. I wanted nothing more to do with it after that. I think the reason that happened was because I didn't eat before taking it, which I was supposed to do, but didn't realize until afterwards (the psychiatrist that prescribed it never said anything about that).

That experience taught me a lesson about not taking whatever meds a doctor or psychiatrist prescribes without doing more research on my own to make sure it's safe and that I'm taking it correctly. I won't ever make that mistake again.

Reactions: Eren, Metalhead and Ἡγησίας
S

SunnyDaze

Sep 8, 2020
Hi, I've been taking trazadone every night for years. It hasn't had any effect on my libido or anything. I take 25mg and it takes about 20 minutes to kick in, then I sleep peacefully throughout the night and I'm still able to wake up easily in the morning. It's helped me a lot with my insomnia.

Reactions: Eren
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
I took it periodically for around a year for insomnia. Didn't perceive that it worked well. Was given restoril to try and it seemed this might have worked marginally better, but my perception was possibly placebo, since I knew before hand that "it was supposed to work better". Stopped taking both as I wasn't satisfied with either.

Never had luck with melatonin until the brand I buy started adding vitamin B6 to its formula. It seems to work well (better than either of the two pharmaceuticals) and coincidentally I'm buying more tomorrow to try and fix my recent sleep issue.

FYI, read over the years that more is not better with melatonin. Also, I read some claims that melatonin is best taken at sundown not at bed time, since apparently the body releases melatonin naturally at sundown.

Make sure you read about sleep hygiene. Might want to try meditating in bed as soon as your ready for sleep. I've learned some meditation techniques that work great for myself. My meditation strategy always makes me fall asleep fast.

If you have problems staying asleep try eating a small protein/fat snack before bed. Many people who wake up and can't fall back asleep have problems with low blood sugar during sleep, apparently. Recommend a cup of full fat cottage cheese before bed, or a handful of nuts.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
B

Bzrluvtriangle

Dec 28, 2019
When I first started taking trazadone for insomnia, it worked great. Now nothing works for me and actually makes things worse. I'm pretty sure I have sporadic fatal insomnia as I don't sleep at all.