M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I just started taking 75mg a day for nerve pain. I suffer constant pins and needles all over and thought it might help but today I woke up with pressure in the jaw and numbness. Can it cause this type of side effects? The tablets cause a bit of numbness in my tongue but it usually goes away in about 15 minutes... ironically i feel worse then before I took it.. I feel so close to ctb today the pain is so bad...

• Hugs
Reactions: Flume and Circles
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I don't have any answers let alone any experience with amitriptyline but I hope you can call your doctor soon and ask about it maybe even search on any of the side effects beforehand? I looked it up and read a couple articles which said that numbness is a side effect but doesn't specify about jaw pain in particular only mentioned general mouth pain. I know this doesn't help especially since you're in pain right now, but I didn't want you to feel unheard. Hope the pain can settle for you, hugs okay.

• Love
Reactions: mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I don't have any answers let alone any experience with amitriptyline but I hope you can call your doctor soon and ask about it maybe even search on any of the side effects beforehand? I looked it up and read a couple articles which said that numbness is a side effect but doesn't specify about jaw pain in particular only mentioned general mouth pain. I know this doesn't help especially since you're in pain right now, but I didn't want you to feel unheard. Hope the pain can settle for you, hugs okay.
I've already done both my GP said it's normal for a bit of numbness temporarily. I searched google but didn't really find much thank you for taking the time to research for me that's so kind. I found the same answers as you but no specifics. You've helped just by commenting you've made me a feel a little bit better :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019

I took Ami for years for headaches, never really had or experienced any side effects though. I stopped taking it after my OD attempt with it.

Reactions: Circles and mediocre
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
I take 50mg at night for pain / sleep. Not sure it works but it gives you a terrible dry mouth.

• Love
Reactions: mediocre